RAW Video Module raw_rec [Compiling/Installation]

Started by g3gg0, May 14, 2013, 11:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenatoPhoto

Ok, I use windows compile so I can help you just a bit since I am not a programer or DEV.

Here is my latest Makefile.user for reference and make sure you have all of those CONFIG_XXXX  set right!

GCC_VERSION=4.7.3
ARM_ABI=none-eabi
ARM_PATH=../../../arm-toolchain473
ARM_LIBC_A=../../../arm-toolchain473/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a
PYTHON=python2.6
CONFIG_CONSOLE = y
CONFIG_TCC          = y
CONFIG_MEMCHECK     = y
CONFIG_MODULES      = y
CONFIG_TINYPY = Y
CONFIG_PICOC = n

So, make sure you have installed the gcc 4.7.3 otherwise TCC will not compile

Before I go any further what camera are you trying to compile for ?
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Mayo

I compile for 6D.

I figured out the CONFIG_XXXX stuff. raw_rec.mo compiles now.

I'm now trying to figure out how to compile raw2dng (the makefile apparently uses mingw, so i'm doing this now).

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Mayo

Yeah, but I want to modify it, to add support for 10bit and 12bit raw. Almost done ;)

dngrhm

Quote from: stevefal on May 20, 2013, 07:52:57 PM
Any idea why building is failing for me?

Makefile.user: http://popspring.com/mldrop/Makefile.txt

Output: http://popspring.com/mldrop/mlfail.txt

I didn't see this answered.  I had the same problem compiling on Mac OS X 10.8 using yagarto with version 4.7.2 for 650D with (CONFIG_CONSOLE = y CONFIG_TCC = y CONFIG_MEMCHECK = y CONFIG_MODULES = y CONFIG_PICOC = n).  The error is saying there is no definition for an abort function, which is defined in picoc, but we are excluding that.  The work around I found by googling and searching the forum a bit (to substantiate, not blame for not searching enough) was to add a dummy abort function.  I created a file in the src dir named dummy.c containing the following code:
void abort () {return;}
I then added dummy.o to ML_EXTRA_OBJS in the Makefile in platform/650D.101.  I'm not sure if this is the correct way to handle this or not, but it worked for me.

I just thought of this as I was looking up the 650D Makefile.  It may be that I'm using and old version of Makefile.user in the top-level directory.  You could try updating from the default and see if that helps.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

1%

Quotethe makefile apparently uses mingw, so i'm doing this now).

Only on wintel

CarVac

REPOSTED (upon request) from raw video post-processing thread:

I may be the only Linux user asking for help but...

I couldn't get the bash script to run; it complained that there was no "raw2dng".

So I realized I needed that program, but when I tried to compile it it needed two headers.

So I grabbed both headers and the makefile and modified the .c file to not look two directories up for the other header, and it still didn't compile.

Then I decided to clone the whole ML Unified branch and build that, but then I realized I needed the gcc-arm-none thing and got that.

Then, it started to compile, but it stopped:

boot-hack.o: In function `my_init_task':
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x544): undefined reference to `_bss_end'
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x548): undefined reference to `_text_start'
boot-hack.o: In function `my_task_dispatch_hook':
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x5f8): undefined reference to `_task_overrides_start'
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x5fc): undefined reference to `_task_overrides_end'
boot-hack.o: In function `copy_and_restart':
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x7e4): undefined reference to `_bss_start'
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x7e8): undefined reference to `_bss_end'
boot-hack.o: In function `my_big_init_task':
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x8d0): undefined reference to `_init_funcs_start'
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x8d4): undefined reference to `_init_funcs_end'
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x8e8): undefined reference to `_tasks_start'
boot-hack.c:(.text+0x8ec): undefined reference to `_tasks_end'
config.o: In function `config_parse':
config.c:(.text+0x2b8): undefined reference to `_config_vars_start'
config.c:(.text+0x2cc): undefined reference to `_config_vars_end'
config.o: In function `config_save_file':
config.c:(.text+0x440): undefined reference to `_config_vars_start'
config.c:(.text+0x444): undefined reference to `_config_vars_end'
config.o: In function `get_config_vars_start':
config.c:(.text+0x538): undefined reference to `_config_vars_start'
config.o: In function `get_config_vars_end':
config.c:(.text+0x544): undefined reference to `_config_vars_end'
config.o: In function `config_var_was_changed':
config.c:(.text+0x590): undefined reference to `_config_vars_start'
config.c:(.text+0x594): undefined reference to `_config_vars_end'
config.o: In function `config_var_restore_default':
config.c:(.text+0x5dc): undefined reference to `_config_vars_start'
config.c:(.text+0x5e0): undefined reference to `_config_vars_end'
property.o: In function `prop_add_internal_handlers':
property.c:(.text+0x1d0): undefined reference to `_prop_handlers_start'
property.c:(.text+0x1d4): undefined reference to `_prop_handlers_end'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [magiclantern] Error 1

Did I try the right things?

How can I get raw2avi to work on linux?

I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 here, and I don't want to dig out my Windows laptop to do this.

DjJuvan

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I have a suggestion to add a feature for "backup files" from CF to SD card. This could be very useful if you don't have a lot of high speed CF cards, but you have a lot of SD card storage and you can simply backup everything on this cards. It would take a while to transfer, but it's better than be stuck outside and don't have any other option. ^^'

leefie

600D / T3i / Kiss something something  :P
I can't get the raw video to create files.
I have 2.3 plus the nightly build (5-29-13) plus the Tragic Lantern build (800 Fileman)
I keep getting "File Create Error" and record doesn't run. I can shoot regular ML video no problem.
I have a fast card (Sandisk Extreme Pro 10).
I've turned off all enhancements and ML options except raw video and set the size to the minimum.
I've also changed RAW to sRAW in the shoot menu.
But just can't get it to shoot video :-(
Have I missed something obvious?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
leefie*

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: Mayo on May 23, 2013, 03:23:30 PM
Yeah, but I want to modify it, to add support for 10bit and 12bit raw. Almost done ;)

Thank you for working on this!

nanomad

Quote from: CarVac on May 27, 2013, 09:07:57 AM
status
make[1]: *** [magiclantern

Did I try the right things?

How can I get raw2avi to work on linux?

I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 here, and I don't want to dig out my Windows laptop to do this.
Make clean and rebuild. It will magically work
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

greeches

I get the module loaded, and the RAW recording menu option is available.

When I hit the "styles" button to setup the recording dimension, I never see the "Start" option and I have small blue dots by the resolution and other options.  When I hit "Live View" it takes me to live view with a box around the resolution I"ve selected.

It never records the raw images.  If I hit record button, it takes h.264 video.

How do you start recording? 

5Dmk2
ML v2.3NEXT
----------------------------------
5Dmk2 550D GH2

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: greeches on May 29, 2013, 10:23:38 PM
I get the module loaded, and the RAW recording menu option is available.

When I hit the "styles" button to setup the recording dimension, I never see the "Start" option and I have small blue dots by the resolution and other options.  When I hit "Live View" it takes me to live view with a box around the resolution I"ve selected.

It never records the raw images.  If I hit record button, it takes h.264 video.

How do you start recording? 

5Dmk2
ML v2.3NEXT

1. Right question wrong Board-
2. Search before you Post
3.  Read:
How to record: -- RAW VIDEO ON 5D3 -- 
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5451.0
.. I know it is not for 5D2 but the ML menu should be similar....

Short Answer:  I think you have not loaded the RAW video module.

The Bad News.  You have read the Forum rules so you are getting a warning.

dandeliondandy

You're actually probably using the module that records by pressing the joystick-like button near the top right of the screen. That's currently what starts and stops the recording, not the LV button or a "start" in the menu, like it used to.

joshmonie

Hi Guys,

I just want to get it out there that I'm a total newb before I go any further.

Ok, I'm needing some help on installing this all on my 5D2. As far as I'm aware, I download the current stable ML which is v2.3, unzip it and take just the 5D2-212.fir onto the root of my CF. Where do I find the autoexec.bin and ML folder? Can I just use the autoexec.bin and ML folder from a previous build and copy/paste the raw_rec.mo file into where it should be?

I was going to try this but was worried I'd brick the camera so thought I'd get some expert advice first!

Thanks in advance,
Josh

tjobby

Hello

I have installed ML and the raw video. I can record Raw video and i can see that it is counting the frames. I can see the video i playback under raw in the ML menu.

The problem is that i can not see any of the files that i recorded in windows when i plug the camera ind with USB. I can see the card is not empty but there are no files under DCIM.

lourenco

Quote from: tjobby on June 03, 2013, 11:22:16 AM

The problem is that i can not see any of the files that i recorded in windows when i plug the camera ind with USB. I can see the card is not empty but there are no files under DCIM.

I normally use a memory card reader to pull the files off the memory card directly. The camera only has USB 2.0 while my card reader is USB 3.0.  I just plug the camera into the computer. I notice it does not show the raw movie files. I am sure it does not show the file given the file type being  raw and not a actual picture. The memory card reader can see all the files fine. I would recommend buying a memory card reader. USB 3.0 if you have USB 3.0 on  your computer. Makes a difference if you have a fast memory card.
5D Mark III, CF Lexar 1000X 32GB, 24-105 F4L

squig

Quote from: tjobby on June 03, 2013, 11:22:16 AM

Doesn't work, even if it did it would be painfully slow. You have to use a card reader.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: joshmonie on June 02, 2013, 05:04:53 PM
I was going to try this but was worried I'd brick the camera so thought I'd get some expert advice first!

The experts are doing development work so please read:

RAW video & ML -- Beginners Guide, FAQ & Useful Links -- READ FIRST
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0;topicseen

tjobby

Quote from: squig on June 03, 2013, 01:19:53 PM
Doesn't work, even if it did it would be painfully slow. You have to use a card reader.

Thanks a lot. Never got a reason for a card reader until now. I just bought one and it worked! Thanks a lot.

Why would it be slower through the camera?

arian_dd

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on June 03, 2013, 01:43:02 PM
The experts are doing development work so please read:

RAW video & ML -- Beginners Guide, FAQ & Useful Links -- READ FIRST
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0;topicseen

The link to "lourenco" 's compiled version of ML for 5D mk III on google drive is empty. Can anyone help me find the latest version of the raw-rec module for 5D mk III? I don't need the 14 stop dual ISO raw feature yet. Thanks.

aargento

prabhath.mp

Hi All,

I just installed the RAW firmware for 550D and I was trying to find a way to decipher the RAW file on Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13.04.

On Windows 7 I installed RAW2DNG.exe but could not find a way to decipher it. When I click on the app, it just runs in Command prompt and closes away in snap.

Could you please let me know if I am doing anything wrong?

Is there any documentation that I could refer? :)

Thanks so much for all your efforts in creating such a beautiful firmware.

Cheers,
Prabhath MP

Bangalore, India
Knowledge enhances by sharing!
Every moment is a new learning experience!!
I use:-Camera: Canon 550D/T2i  Lens: Canon 50mm 1.8 II ; Canon kit (18-55 non IS) ; 55-250 EFS IS ; Macro converter tubes with AF.

prabhath.mp

Hey All,

I found the answer by searching for some information on YouTube :)

http://youtu.be/7UxwA-YUC4U

Thanks so much.

Cheers,
Prabhath MP
Knowledge enhances by sharing!
Every moment is a new learning experience!!
I use:-Camera: Canon 550D/T2i  Lens: Canon 50mm 1.8 II ; Canon kit (18-55 non IS) ; 55-250 EFS IS ; Macro converter tubes with AF.

teakwood18

I cant get the Raw_Rec to load.  Am i missing something. Its loaded before, Before my original card(KBay) crashed.  When i tried today arkanoid came up figured out where the module for raw was but it never gave me the raw video any suggestions for what im missing this time around