DNG RAW tutorial

Started by kgv5, May 02, 2013, 10:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgv5

Hi

Could we make some kind of tutorial for using RAW DNG bursts/sequences? It seems people have many problems with proper setup, i know, that this feature is still "work in progress" but maybe we can sum things up right here.

If someone  has this working please write down step-by-step instructions (camera EOS...D, ML (nightly) version ......, go to .... option, set .....something, press shutter halfway or so, wait for saving...., enjoy :D  - something like this).

Thanks
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Michael Zöller

This is from an eoshd post
QuoteWorkflow

Thanks to an EOSHD forum member's advice in the Nikon V1 60fps raw burst mode topic I was able to get a very quick and simple raw workflow with the 5D Mark III going.

Rather than use DaVinci Resolve (which only works with TIFF sequences and Cinema DNG, not plain photographic DNG sequences) I used After Effects to put the sequences of DNG frames together into video clips.

Ctrl-I brings up an import dialog box and you simply put each sequence of frames into it's own folder on your drive, now they act like short clips. Choose the first DNG frame in the folder and After Effects will allow you to grade it in Photoshop, before applying the look to the rest of the frames in the sequence automatically as if it was a video clip.

Then I exported each composition to a lossless Quicktime file, and dropped that straight into Premiere. Of course there's no audio recording to a separate WAV file yet with Magic Lantern so have the dual system audio recorders at the ready.
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40