Weird MZ bug on the 650D

Started by nanomad, May 01, 2013, 05:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Ok, I've been going through the MZ code and still couldn't figure this out.

While in Liveview, outside of video mode, if MZ is enabled and visible, it completely locks up the UI. The only responding button is the MZ trigger. Even the camera can't shutdown properly.
This does not happen on other cameras like the 1100D.

I'm out of ideas....any help is more than welcome. I've also turned off vsync (i.e removed the ifdef in vsync-lite) and it's all the same
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

Yea, its weird for some stuff it doesn't work.. there are a few to pick, maybe picked the wrong one? See if it works for anything else.

Caused corrupt headers in burst dng when I used it but works for MZ/overlays on my cameras.

nanomad

Ok, looks like the issue is vsync after all (forgot to make clean? Probably).

Could it be that the vsync function is posting so many messages to the queue that MZ basically keeps drawing over and over again locking up everything until the queue is clear again? (MZ runs in the hi-prio task)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

It could be posting too many messages... that is the problem on 600D, if you cut down the message queue it gets more in "sync" but a1ex said that fix was bad and indeed it didn't work *that* well, just slightly better.

Maybe the state change happens too often with certain modes... when recording for sure input 15 speeds up and starts redrawing excessively... that didn't cause lockups for me, just ugly MZ.

nanomad

Yeah, for some stupid reason all sync messages on the 650D speed up to insane speed while  in photo mode (video is ok though).
I was thinking of decreasing the prio of the MZ task, we'll see how that goes

1%

EOS-M doesn't speed up in photo mode... hmmm. Did you try flipping the lens to manual focus. On 6D this hides the focus box, can only move it with focus box hack(set).