uncompressed 14-bit RAW video recording

Started by g3gg0, April 27, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

anyone got 'raw2dng' working while using a mac?
I am using a mac. downloaded the raw2dng.exe file posted in this thread.
Tried running raw2dng.exe in both 'wine' and 'crossover' and I can't seem to get this figured out.
Anyone successfully converting their files using a mac system?

Danne

To Andy600. Where do you suggest us noobs to ask our questions? Simply don,t answer if you don,t want to right? Or better, let someone else try to answer that feel they do have the time.
Thanks again Lourenco and all the other magical lantern engineers out there.
Proud to be noob ;)
//D

Danne

coutts

Quote from: aaphotog on May 13, 2013, 06:41:08 PM
anyone got 'raw2dng' working while using a mac?
I am using a mac. downloaded the raw2dng.exe file posted in this thread.
Tried running raw2dng.exe in both 'wine' and 'crossover' and I can't seem to get this figured out.
Anyone successfully converting their files using a mac system?
use the linux version in terminal, dont' use the windows version ;)

Okello

Ahaha Forum's going nuts! Every body needs to calm the F down. Dammm!

g3gg0

Quote from: cschmeer on May 13, 2013, 03:21:01 PM
When I saw that there was a "digital dolly" feature that pans across the image as you're recording, it made me think – the 5D Mark III has a built-in accelerometer, which is used to display whether the camera is "level". However, if one were to somehow use that accelerometer and programme the movement of the recording window to compensate camera movement, could this lead to an in-camera stabilising feature? I know this seems crazy - just a thought :)

alex and i already talked about this and pattern detection, but we think that a) the cpu has not enough processing power and b) is the gyro not fast enough.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Andy600

Quote from: Danne on May 13, 2013, 06:41:32 PM
To Andy600. Where do you suggest us noobs to ask our questions? Simply don,t answer if you don,t want to right? Or better, let someone else try to answer that feel they do have the time.
Thanks again Lourenco and all the other magical lantern engineers out there.
Proud to be noob ;)
//D

Chill out. It was a compliment to the devs and not in anyway supposed to discourage newcomers from asking questions. I'm still pretty much a newbie myself. That's the great thing about these forums, everybody is welcome and people do help each other. Sorry if my post offended you in any way.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

squig

Quote from: coutts on May 13, 2013, 06:47:34 PM

Where can I find the linux version?

DjJuvan

Hi, it would be nice to upgrade the release to 1.2.1 firmwire for 5d3. Many people go for newer firmwire because of clean HDMI... and ML doesn't work on this version :(

a1ex

Quote from: 1% on May 13, 2013, 05:13:01 PM
Should raw2dng be making a folder when it dumps a video file... they go all over the place.

raw2dng foo.raw folder/

or: raw2dng.exe foo.raw folder\

;)

aaphotog

Quote from: coutts on May 13, 2013, 06:47:34 PM
Easier said than done hahaha
sooooooo lost

Rush

Quote from: Andy600 on May 13, 2013, 03:05:33 PM
What card did you use on the 600d?
I used SanDisk 95 MB/S + it helps when Global Draw is off = 960x480 or 1320x360 is capable
Greetings from Russia!

aaphotog

Has anyone here went to sleep yet?
I haven't lol

Andy600

Quote from: Rush on May 13, 2013, 06:59:42 PM
I used SanDisk 95 MB/S + it helps when Global Draw is off = 960x480 or 1320x360 is capable

Thanks Rush. It's the same card I've just bought I think.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Danne

Quote from: Andy600 on May 13, 2013, 06:53:36 PM
Chill out. It was a compliment to the devs and not in anyway supposed to discourage newcomers from asking questions. I'm still pretty much a newbie myself. That's the great thing about these forums, everybody is welcome and people do help each other. Sorry if my post offended you in any way.

No offense taken, at all. I guess this place is gonna get filled with all kind of questions :).  I,ll try to dig in a little more by my own first. Maybe an answer pops up meanwhile ;)
//D

saad

And here is my night (dark) test of the new 14-bit raw ML firmware vs. factory default:

Let me know what you think. :)

Stedda

5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

escho

Quote from: a1ex on May 13, 2013, 06:58:55 PM
raw2dng foo.raw folder/

or: raw2dng.exe foo.raw folder\

;)

If raw2dng would create folders by itself, I could type a nice: raw2dng *.RAW, and all my RAW-Videos get decoded and sorted in one step  ;)
I think, I will write a little bash-programm for me, to make work easier  :)

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

t2scorp

Quote from: ernestoeduardo on May 13, 2013, 06:15:02 PM
Hi everyone:
I need a compiled build for the MK2 so I can test as much as possible without bricking my camera (here in Cuba 2000$ is a fortune)
Dito,

orderd a KOMPUTERBAY 1000x and would like to test it on the 5D2.

Alex

a1ex

QuoteIf raw2dng would create folders by itself [...]
Patches are welcome ;)

CFP

Wow! This night video was really nice. Awesome how much detail one can get thanks of raw. I'm curious to see how the Canon DSLR with ML will perform compared to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera ...

Quote from: Andy600 on May 13, 2013, 06:33:17 PMThanks Rush. It's the same card I've just bought I think.
And the same I'm going to buy soon. SanDisk SDHC Card Extreme Pro 32GB, right?

It has an average write speed of 60 MByte/s and a maximal write speed of 79 Mbyte/s. Well, I guess the 600D won't let us use this speed ...  :(

Quote from: Andy600 on May 13, 2013, 06:33:17 PM
I just tested on my 600d and I'm getting continuous shooting at 720x480 on a very under-performing SD card
Good to hear that! Thanks for sharing your results.

But now I'm a little bit confused. How did you record in 720 X 480? I've just downloaded the newest Nightly Build and the new "[600D] Auto allocation.zip" folder and put it all on my SD card, like usual.

But when I hit "load modules" inside the Magic Lantern menu, lv_rec and raw_rec both load but I can only access lv_rec. I have no idea how to set up raw_rec and how to start the recording with that ...

So how did you access it? Am I using the wrong version or something?

Andy600

CFP - Raw record settings on the 600d are in another menu. No need to touch anything in the modules menu once the module is loaded (I've set to auto load on boot so I don't need to go to the modules menu at all) ;)

bumkicho

Has anyone had an issue with either top third or bottom third tearing on a frame?

coutts

Quote from: bumkicho on May 13, 2013, 07:38:46 PM
Has anyone had an issue with either top third or bottom third tearing on a frame?
confirmed happening on 5d2 for me during my testing.

bumkicho

Quote from: coutts on May 13, 2013, 07:44:08 PM
confirmed happening on 5d2 for me during my testing.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be happening when camera is moving. Is that the case for you as well?