Basic Install Question

Started by mbaugh0806, April 24, 2013, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbaugh0806

Please don't put me on the troll list, dummy list is probably more correct since the answer to this question may seem a bit obvious, but I assure you it is a real question and yes I may be that dumb. From what I understand ML sits primarily on the SD card. Since a lot of people use several different cards do you have to install ML on each card?  If so, does simply switching SD cards give you the same camera you bought out of the box?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate your site and the things ML is doing.

nanomad

You do have to install ML on each card, so a fresh non-ML card will give you an "out of the box canon experience"
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mbaugh0806

Thank you so much for your quick response. It seemed that was the case but I kept seeing questions about how to uninstall ML for reasons like potentially avoiding having Canon tell you that ML voided  your warranty when going in for repair. In those cases it just seemed changing the card would be an easy fix. Too simple in my mind, so just thought I'd ask.

Thank you again, I appreciate your response.

Francis

'Uninstalling' ML involves undoes the setting in the Canon firmware to look for bootable code on the memory card. When you send a camera in for service, they typically ask you to remove the card and battery.