T2i Red led blinking,camera not turning on

Started by akakig, April 16, 2013, 04:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akakig

Hi everybody,

I have a problem,
I installed ML and aftr taking it off (uninstalling as per instructions)
Every time I turn camera off my led starts to blink.does not stop and to turn camera back on I gotta take battery out.
Does not matter which settings I am om still same.
Did upgrade of firmware from US and JP websites, still same. with every sd card same, tried 4 different ones.

Any ideas?
Can I reflash camera differently? Is there smth I need to change in camera while uninstalling ML?
BTW it does same thing with ML installed .

Thanks a bunch.
Akaki

deletedAcc.0021

Did you remove the bootflag prior to formatting your cards?  If not, try rebooting with a ML card. Then follow the uninstall procedures in the documentation.

akakig

turning dial ?
i did it, took off bootflag, does not help.  :(

deletedAcc.0021

Can you start without a card?  Try re-installing ML.

I'm still pretty green at this stuff, but if the normal fixes don't work you'll need to check with the developers.

akakig

yea, it comes on, all good, but if i turn it off and leave battery in it starts to blink again.

deletedAcc.0021

I wonder if you have a bad WP switch or card presence switch, seeing as it does it will all cards.

akakig

how do i tell?
is there any tests that i run if you know?

dslrrookie thanks for all replies

deletedAcc.0021

That's a bit out of my league .. maybe one of the developers can help.

akakig

went back to 1.0.8 but does same thing :(((

any ideas guys?

deletedAcc.0021

did you try re-installing ML?

nevermind, I just re-read your first post.   Hopefully, the developers can help you out.

deletedAcc.0021

Hey, did you try deleting your settings and clearing all functions from the canon menus yet?

akakig

Yep, full on reset.
Im trying to figure out if I can factory reset with special button combination or smth.
No luck by far.