Hello from Hong kong 您好嗎

Started by barrychum, April 15, 2013, 12:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrychum

Hi,

I have been an EOS user after I lost my camera bag, which contained 80% of my Nikon gear, in a trip.  I have been using EOS film camera and I got my first digital EOS 300 when Canon lowered the price to a level I could accept.

I also owned 3 Canon point and shot. I love Canon cameras until Nikon  made D70.. and I always think Canon is lagging behind Nikon in terms of spec.  I always wanted to switch to Nikon but I don't want to sell my Canon gears.

To my surprise, I came across the CHDK for Canon point and shot and I was soooo amazed by  the extra feature it provides .  I also noticed there is the Magic Lantern for DSLR!  I decided to buy a cheap Canon D600 and  load ML on it.  I have just got my 600D and I am so eager to make my first gallery using ML.

Be honest, I always think these hack firmwares do increase the popularity of  products.  e.g. CHDK, ML, iOS jailbreak, Android root, etc.

Thanks ML.  I am going to donate to this developmen too . 

Thank you development team

barrychum

I was looking for the donation button, but found it is saying 'donation to EFF'. Need to understand more about the EFF...  Btw, my 600D freezes occasionally during silent picture intervolmetre mode.. And I had to remove battery to get my camera back to work.  Tried reformatting the card using camera but didn't help.  Stability tests look good.  Hope this problem can be fixed because having a freezed camera when I am half way done with my timelapse shooting will certainly make me mad.