[WONTFIX] In-camera HDR

Started by Giusal, February 22, 2013, 05:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giusal

I know the ML policy isn't for in-camera processing that you can do in post, but it would be great generating quick HDRs for that situations you don't want to spend much time in post.

Marsu42

Quote from: Giusal on February 22, 2013, 05:01:54 PM
I know the ML policy isn't for in-camera processing that you can do in post, but it would be great generating quick HDRs for that situations you don't want to spend much time in post.

That would add a lot of code size to ml, even if someone would get around to implement it - it's nice on the 5d3 because you get a raw as a result, but ml would be like the 6d which produces a jpeg - so if you really want it get a 6d (or 70d or ...) or use real hdr software that hands down produces superior results.

cartola

Sorry to continue with something that seems already discussed and finished. Just want to give my opinion.

I have now a 5d mk III and I am pretty satisfied with the results it gives me with in-camera HDR and I really wish I had it also on my 60D. If Magic Lantern could do that I would surely appreciate very much, even doing it with JPG. In fact I am doing it with JPG in the 5d mk III as usually I don't need the RAW quality. Usually I use images only on the web, so JPG is ok.

Bests.