HDR Bracketing Error

Started by Pixl, April 02, 2013, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixl

Hi All,

I'm using ML on my Canon 600D for about 6 months and eveything was fine till last week.
I always make my HDR brackets from - to + so I set my Canon on Av, -4EV and make
-4, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 ( that's the theory )

Nox it makes some different things like

- Sometime 4 or 5 shots instead of 7
- Sometime no respect of 1EV between shots ( for example 1/4000 for the first, 1/3200 for the second, 1/600 for the third )
- It made 51 shots yesterday!
- Sometime no shots above 0EV
- Sometime only 2EV between shots

I thought it was a setting of my 600D interferring but everything's ok.
Did anybody had these kinds of troubles?

Thanks for your help

Pixl
Canon 600D

Pixl

Got it. ML don't like LiveView
Canon 600D

engardeknave

I just came here now to post about this problem myself (5D2). I can't get a bracket set to cover the range of exposures I need no matter what I do with the settings. Sometimes a bracket set with more than three images will result in a few frames with the exact same exposure. When set to auto it never captures more than three frames, even when I'm in an unlit room with the camera pointed out a bright window.

On a shoot a few days ago the shutter would suddenly not stop firing, even after I removed the batteries, replaced them, and turned the camera back on. (Either it stopped by itself, or starting the camera without the CF made it stop.)

But I've been shooting in liveview, so I guess I'll try without that.

engardeknave

Not shooting in liveview does seem to stop most of the problems. However, I'm still not getting quite the range of exposure I want. Maybe there should be another setting for that.

Pixl

Canon 600D

engardeknave

Francis

Pixl

For my 600D everything's ok only if i don't use LiveView. I set -5 to +2 and it works fine on Av.
ML is ok with LiveView if i set M. Hope this helps!
Canon 600D

a1ex

In Av it can't bypass Canon limits (usually +/- 2 EV or +/- 5).