Format SD Card, Then What?

Started by maxferver, February 20, 2013, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxferver

So I am sure this question must have a simple answer but I cannot find it in the general Ml info online or in the FAQ's.

I formatted my memory card in my T3i and selected Keep ML. The formatted card was empty except for the ML folder containing the Settings folder. I assumed that ML would still work after this but it doesn't. I tried hitting the delete button and nothing happens and the info button too but it is just the regular Canon displays. I am curious if there is some step I am overlooking or if you have to re-install ML every time you format.

I was originally trying to find out whether there would be any problems using cards with ML interchangeably between my T3i and HF S200 and somehow decided to try formatting the card. If anyone has an answer to that question too I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

a1ex

I bet you have selected Remove ML.

maxferver

It is possible, I pressed Q a few times just to check out what it did, but in that case would it still have the settings folder rather than just getting rid of it with everything else? And if so what now, just reinstall?

maxferver

Okay I just copied the ML files back onto the card and did the firmware update again until i saw the green successful installation screen.

If anyone has any info about whether or not it is safe to use cards with ML interchangeably between the DSLR and a camcorder let me know. Or if it would be better to uninstall or format or something between the two cameras. Thanks

deletedAcc.0021

I had the same issue.  Just to clear things up ... does pressing Q keep ML or delete ML.

I pressed the Q, and lost all files except for the ML folder.

deletedAcc.0021

nevermind ... just re-read the userguide .. Q deletes ML.  Amazing what you can figure out when you read the instructions.