Ipad to install ML on SD card for 60D

Started by torontopete, March 23, 2013, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torontopete

Hi I have a MAC tower and no SD slot. Can I use an iPad to install ML software on a SDcard?
I assumed I would just connect the camera to the tower by cable and no SD Card, further research on YouTube video suggests using a laptop.
Need a little clarification on install instructions using SD cards. Also is the software Mac compatible? this should be mentioned in the instructions.
Thanks
Peter

Francis

You need a card reader and the know how to copy files onto the card. No special software required.

torontopete

I have a card reader that works with an iPad.
I have a SDHC 16 gig card 100x
Thanks
Peter

Francis

If you can copy the necessary files with the iPad to the card, that is all you need. Otherwise get yourself a $10 card reader for your desktop.

torontopete

Thanks for the info
Im not sure how Im going to transfer ML files to the reader, Im going to unzip and put into DropBox. I will try to drag the folder over the card.
Sounds like the card reader is the cheapest way and easier on the brain
Toodalo Peter
thereisaplace.ca

Cricchio

You just need a jailbroken Ipad and the "Ifile" application and of course a card reader. I have them in the ipad at all time just in case. With "ifile" you can see the ipad as a computer, with files and folders, you can create a folder with ML on it and when you need it you can copy it into the cards, the card will appear on the "Ifile" app as it would appear on a pc so you can read, write and copy from and into it

torontopete

Thanks for all the info! I had an old card reader that didnt work.

What speed card should I get for Video. SDHC 10 400? or just 200x?
Any make preferred? Lexar has been good for me.
Im getting to know the MagicLantern settings, its a lot of good stuff to learn , so thanks for the video tutorials!
Waiting for the weather to warm up to shoot :)
Cheers Peter