CF card speed restriction?

Started by rawfa, March 23, 2013, 03:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawfa

Hi,

I´ve just gotten my MarkII and I´m about to get some CF Cards. Is there any speed restriction to use it with Magic Lantern? Say, ML only works with memory cards that can write with a speed over a specific number? I didn´t see anything on the FAQ section so I gather it works even with the slowest cards out there.

rawfa

Guys, sorry for being insistent but I usually buy everything from abroad (here in Brazil things are sometimes 5 times more expensive) but since my project will start in less than 2 weeks I cannot order from abroad and I need to get a CF Card RIGHT NOW! If I don´t intend to increase the bitrate will EVEN the SLOWEST CF Cards work?

nanomad

Dunno, in theory yes but you may encounter issues even with standard video recording (i.e. if it's too slow for  stock 1080p video)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

rawfa

Many thanks for the reply...but seriously, there are card restrictions even with stock MarkII??

Malcolm Debono

One of my early cards which I still use is a Kingston 266x, which has roughly 40mb/s write speed. Never had any recordings stopping, so I guess you should be fine with similar cards - Transcend cards (such as the 300x) can be found for quite a cheap price.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

rawfa