Can't find the "hide/unhide" function in Preferences

Started by DavidDorn, March 20, 2013, 01:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidDorn

I was playing around with the FPS override function and did some interesting clips. When I turned the camera on again, the FPS Override function was still enabled but was hidden on the menu selection. I saw it grayed out at the bottom. After searching the wiki, it said that the "hide/unhide" function is in the PREF. I can not find it there so I did a config delete to reset the firmware and the fps override function reappeared. The "hide/unhide" function is still missing in PREF. Please help! Love Magic Lantern!

1%

check hidden.cfg... the config files are plain text, you don't have to delete the whole thing.

DavidDorn

Where would I find that? In the Pref? Select config then use the submenu to locate "hidden"?

DavidDorn

Sorry for my ignorance. What I meant to ask was where do I find "hidden.cfg?"

DavidDorn

Still waiting to find out where the "hidden.config" is located...please help!

1%

/ML/Settings folder just like the config file.

Also have menu.cfg and mymenu.cfg all of it is plain text.

Francis

Are you running v.2.3?

Just press MENU while you are in the ML menu and you will enter into Hide/Unhide mode. Select the greyed out menu choices (which are the hidden ones) and press MENU to toggle between unhidden and hidden. When you are done, press the Trashcan button to exit the menus and the menu-editing mode.

DavidDorn

Francis, thanks for the reply. I am using 2.3 and I did a config delete and the fps override came back but no hide/unhide function in pref. 1% Developer, is that info on my card? I have looked all over the card and cannot find the "hide.config" Thanks for reply as well.

Francis

There is no hide/unhide menu option. In 2.3 it is just done by pressing the MENU button. It is a menu option in the newer builds.

Please do not start new topics asking the exact same question.

DavidDorn