New user with a few issues

Started by MichaelR, March 17, 2013, 12:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelR

Hiya guys,

I've just started using this software and first, thanks for all those who have taken the trouble to put it together. Good on you.

I take photos for a national monthly publication and shoot stills only using my 500D. I have been using the focus stacking feature and have got this working ok.

I always shoot in LV and my problem is that the camera, with ML loaded, keeps shutting down after 30 seconds. I can restart it by pressing the shutter button, but then I'm out of LV again - annoying.

The LV power saving features only seem to have two settings - standby and recording. I want to turn it off! There is a use LCD sensor setting, which I presume uses the sensor below the eyepiece, but turning this on doesn't allow me to wake the camera up (yes, the sensor is working I have checked).

There is an option is an option to turn off the LCD and LV and I have set this to 5 mins, but auto shutdown still seems to take place after 30 seconds.

Can anyone help please, as this is completely ruining my ML experience.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Michael

Francis

The auto-power off is under the Canon menus. You can set it to a longer time like 2 or 5min or turn it off altogether.

Under the ML menus, there is option tor 'Force Liveview' which you can set to automatically switch into liveview whenever you start the camera up.