HYPOTHETICAL Installation Failure if User does not follow instruction

Started by 550Duserindia, May 12, 2013, 06:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

550Duserindia

THIS IS AN AMAZING SOFTWARE ADDON AND I'M ONE OF THOSE THOUSANDS OF USERS WHO CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS SOFTWARE IS WORKING PROPERLY/PERFECTLY ON MY CAMERA. THIS IS NOT A REAL ISSUE BUT A HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO TO EASE MY MIND

Okay, here is probably one of the most unusual questions you'll come across... I swear im not a troll..
Oh yea, one more thing, I have OCD so this is bugging me..

I recently installed ML on my 550D and there is this info in the installation guide where they say if the LED glows for more than a few seconds, we are required to download and reinstall the original firmware from canon website... So I downloaded the original firmware from canon website and re-installed it and then I installed ML and it works fine..

By chance, if I still kept the original firmware re-installation file (.fir file) on my SD card (root folder) from my firmware  re-installation effort and then unzip the contents of the ML zip file onto the same root folder and then put the card in my camera and then went forward to install ML on my camera, will there be a chance parts of the ML software to be written onto the ROM causing me to have some kind of illegal modified firmware? Will it cause any problems? Or does the camera has certain priorities as to which installation it will perform?
Someone who has knowledge about this please answer this and put my mind at ease..

Thanks a ton in advance   :)

nanomad

I don't know which fir the camera updater will run, but whatever it is it won't cause issues. Both will run as expected
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

scrax

Quote from: nanomad on May 12, 2013, 09:22:48 AM
I don't know which fir the camera updater will run, but whatever it is it won't cause issues. Both will run as expected
If the firmware update is the same of the one installed will it be loaded?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

550Duserindia

Quote from: nanomad on May 12, 2013, 09:22:48 AM

Thanks a lot for replying... Really appreciate it... All you developers have done something amazing and are probably setting a new benchmark in DSLR R&D... Canon should start paying you guys... Cheers  :)