Please Help! Installation problems

Started by suitram, March 08, 2013, 01:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suitram

i watched the installation video which made it seem easy enough. i downloaded the top link (2.3) onto my 32gb scan disk and followed all instructions and got until the point where i had to install the new firmware on the camera (5d markii). After a new screen appeared 'loading...' the screen went black after about a second... and then the camera was dead, until i removed the battery and then rebooted it.

magic lantern looks amazing, and seems to be a must have on ur dslr... so if anyone has any idea what could have gone wrong... please let me know!!

thanks

Francis

Sounds like a firmware mismatch. Make sure your 5d2 has the Canon firmware v 2.1.2 on it. If it does, then try downloading and installing the Canon firmware again. Follow the link from the installation guide, as there are multiple subversions of each firmware version that aren't listed or labeled, as described in the troubleshooting section of the guide.

suitram

ok, will try and do that, thanks for the reply!

when i turn my camera on now, it just flashes and seems broken... hopefully i can get this sorted quick!

suitram

ok, now it all works- just the flashing vignette is still there... oh yeah and the live view mode doesnt work any more...

any ideas... this has definitely been a set back and a half... please please help... really seems like my camera is completely bust

a1ex

Read the install guide, all your problems are already documented.

suitram

ok. live view works- forgot i reset my camera to scratch... which means i had to reset what my liveview button does... now literally everything works... except for the flashing white vignette...

suitram

iv read it... but it says nothing about their being white flashing lights in form of a vignette... this happened after i tried installing it the first time round and ML didnt even work... i installed a new canon firmware, that worked, but the flashing remained... i then got ML to work whilst the flashing was still going on... so i doubt deinstalling ml will help..