[LASER DAMAGE?] 550D err70 problem

Started by wardoost, February 26, 2013, 12:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardoost

Hi,

i have a Canon 550D and have been using Magic Lantern without problems for over a year. Now in the middle of shooting video i get the error 70 screen. I have tried using different batteries and lenses, changed all settings but none of this works. The error only comes up when i take a picture or start movie mode, so only when the mirror flips. I can access both the canon and ML menu. I see these lines with ERROR in different error logs:

[CAPD] ERROR Image Power Failure
[PROPAD] ERROR GetPropertyData ID = 0x02050012
[PROPAD] ERROR GetPropertyData ID = 0x0006003A
[PROPAD] ERROR GetPropertyData ID = 0x00060034

I don't know what they mean but maybe someone of you guys know what's wrong with my camera. This is a link to some error logs: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237438/ML%20Logs.zip . Those logs are from 3 different cards but the first card is probably the most important one because that's the card that was used when the error first occured.

Thanks in advance for helping  :)

1%

Does LV work? That top property is ALO on 7D. Did you try to reset all settings to defaults?

wardoost

Liveview doesn't start because as soon as the mirror flips I get error 70. I changed all my settings and also resetted all settings to defaults through the canon menu..

1%

Maybe shutter or sensor is bad? Besides that a mis-set property. I couldn't find what the other properties are. Maybe a1ex knows? Either way, reading the sensor fails. You have no LV and no still pics even?

wardoost

No Liveview or still pictures. How could i check if the shutter or sensor is bad?

a1ex

Do you remember what you did right before getting the error?

When you first saw this error, was the failure intermittent (i.e. sometimes worked, sometimes not), or it just stopped working completely?

Most probably it's a sensor problem, so it's best to send it to a service.

wardoost

I was filming before getting the error and it just stopped working completely at once. If it's a sensor problem and I send it to a service they probably will replace the sensor? Since I bought this camera 2 and a half years ago it is probably out of warranty (I have to check this though) so replacing the sensor will probably cost me quiet something. Does someone know approximately how much? Because I could be better off buying a new camera body... Btw, shutter count is 16k (= 12k pics taken + 4k LV actuations) which is pretty low to wear out the shutter I think.

wardoost

The event I was filming with my 550D there were lasers. So maybe that could have killed my sensor. Though I don't see the horizontal white line like in this example of laser damage to DSLR's: https://vimeo.com/13450755. Anyways, thanks for your answers guys..

wolf

I guess you can be happy that your 550D saved your eyes.   8)