60D install, didn't go well. Some help would be appreciated

Started by jbrackjr, February 15, 2013, 08:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrackjr

Hi,

Not sure if it was me, the camera or ML.  I have tried to list all the happened.

60D firmware 1.1.1
Followed install pdf, was on M (manual), restored 60D to default settings. Low level formatted SDHC 32gb SanDisk Extreme in camera.  Copied all unzipped files from ML download to card.  Firmware update started.

Received message ML was not installed due to bootdisk flag must be enabled in the camera.  At this point I was not sure what to do.  While looking for further info, LCD timed out (went dark). Repressed MENU button and see only a limited number of Menu Items.  Shooting Menu 1 & 4 (2 & 3 are missing), Playback Menu 1 & 2, Setup 1 & 2 and part of 3.  Setup 3 is missing firmware info and setting camera functions to factory defaults.  Custom Functions menu is gone as well as MY Menu (Star).

Switched to movie mode and see all Menu titles across top of screen, but Setup 3 only shows Battery Info.  Does not show any firmware info.

Powered down camera, removed card, removed battery, removed lens.  Wait 2 minutes. Replaced lens,
Replaced battery, turned on camera (without SD card).  Still see limited Menu Items.  Not sure how to reload firmware 1.1.1 or should I retry ML install?  But without access to firmware update feature I am stuck.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

a1ex

Make the card bootable, and should work. Don't be afraid to read Canon's manual.

jbrackjr