Bug reporting / fixing / stable version?

Started by abtrapp, February 04, 2013, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abtrapp

Hi!

I just installed Magic Lantern 2.3.500D.111 - the installation was really easy. I started the short stability test and had to restart my EOS after a few seconds - so 2.3 does not seem to work on a 500D (at least not stable)?

The second thing that I did notice was that the histogram and waveform (funny gray stuff on my screen) appear in the same line as the Canon shows its information about aperture, ... (1 line below the same information from ML - which does not seem very useful to me).

So:
1) Anybody out there with a stable ML 2.3 on a EOS 500D?
2) What is the best way to report such errors?

The crashlog reports:

ASSERT: FALSE
at SoundDevice\SoundDevice_CODEC.c:1080, task ASIF
lv:1 mode:20

but I can't find this error on Google ;)

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Anton

a1ex

On 500D, this error is caused simply by drawing on the screen too fast.

Before releasing, testers reported that their 500D passed without much trouble (a failed test and 10 successful attempts). It may depend on what overlays you have enabled.

The crash can be reproduced simply by drawing random pixels in a loop (no other ML code). I've slowed down the code to the point that most tests are passing, but I don't know what else I can do.

Try the nightly and see how it works.

abtrapp

Wow, thank you for your fast answer.

I downloaded the nightly build, it seems to contain only a 1100D firmware and an ML directory. The installation guide says that I just need to copy the files over the existing ones (ML directory). But I am not that sure if I should ignore all your "beware..." - "untested..." statements and really give the nightly a try  :o