The maximum exposure.

Started by Nikita_MV, January 29, 2013, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikita_MV

Do timelaps, use and Intervalometer TimelapseRamping. The default is shutter speed Interval minus two seconds. I need to set a maximum shutter speed equal to the Interval minus five seconds (or 10 for example). How to do it?

Francis

Enter the submenu to change settings by pressing the button designated at the bottom of the menu. It depends on what camera you have.

Also please read the documentation.

Nikita_MV

Camera Canon 7D, in the submenu:
Intervalometr
Take a pic aver:
Start after:
Stop after:

Timelapse Ramping
Max RampSpeed:
Man. ExpoRamp:
Man.FocusRamp:

From the documentation:
5. Sit back and relax :)

Limits:

ISO is chosen between 100 and maximum auto ISO value from Canon menu.
Shutter speed is chosen between 1/8000 (lower limit) and the delay between two shots minus two seconds (upper limit). Example: for 10-second intervals, shutter speed will be between 1/8000 and 8 seconds.
Aperture is fixed (you can change it manually).

I need time to rearrange the camera, and two seconds is too small to even be five

Read the documentation several times, but the answer is, unfortunately, not found.

Francis

So you want to use bulb-ramping but you want to set a limit on the shutter speed? That is not user-configurable right now.

You can disable ramping and set your shutter to 5s and the interval to 10s (or whatever specific values you need).

Out of curiosity, for what reason do you need more time between the end of the shutter and the next shot?

Nikita_MV

:) To make it easy to do such videos.

Here's an example of my video.

Francis

So you are moving the camera in between each exposure.

It looks like the exposure isn't changing very much so I would just turn off timelapse ramping. Use manual, set the exposure and the interval to whatever you need. The ramping algorithm is also dependent on what is in the scene. If the composition changes dramatically, like all of a sudden there are more highlights in the scene, it is going to throw off how the exposure is calculated for the next shot. This would definitely lead to some unexpected jumps in brightness.

The other solution is to leave the camera in the same place, and add the pan and zoom in post. That is the beauty of having so much resolution to work with.

g3gg0

well, for this job picoc scripting might be the solution
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Francis

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 29, 2013, 10:57:12 PM
well, for this job picoc scripting might be the solution

It certainly is going to be a boon to time lapse enthusiasts. Preset scripted ramps for day-to-night transitions using initial EV/time as a parameter would be awesome.

Nikita_MV

On the video presentation does not change much exposition, yes. But I want to achieve an effect like this my video. And move the camera.