Help: Stops recording in 10 seconds

Started by chris brown, January 28, 2013, 02:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris brown

Making a recording with FPS override,  at various settings, from 1 to 10 frames/second; bit rate from 0.1 to 1.0; CF card 16GB, 266X speed, on 5D MK2. Records for 10 seconds, then stops.  All other settings are, I think, default.

A vertical rectangle appears on right side of live view screen.  5 small white squares fill the rectangle up from the bottom.  When all 5 appear, the recording stops.  Anyone know what this icon means?

When doing a normal recording with 5D settings, or with ML, the recording doesn't stop like this.

What's up?  How do I fix this?

I'm totally new to this, so please make it simple!  Thanks.   

Francis

What you aren't sharing is what frame rate you are setting or what your actual settings are. Also you are supplying all of your info in ranges. 1-10s of what? .1x-1x bitrate? Which value in the range?

g3gg0

already tried to reset ML settings (delete config file)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

phunkyboy

Is it  a new SD card ?, if so it could be incompatible with the ML .Try format card and retry.

chris brown

I tried recording at various frame rates, from one to ten FPS, and various bit rates, from 0.1 to 1.0.  Other settings were default ML settings.  The card is pretty new.  It works fine with taking a "regular" movie with ML.

Malcolm Debono

To my knowledge, when changing those settings, audio should be disabled by default. Verify that it's disabled from the Canon menu just in case.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

1%

this is a buffer stop. either card is too slow or audio is on.

chris brown

Thank you gentleman.  Turning the Movie/FPS override/Sound Record to Auto-Disable did the trick.  Thank you!!

I'm new to ML, and video, but am impressed with all the neat things it does.  I wish someone would write a version of the manual designed for the beginner user   There are a lot of gaps in the current manual, steps that assume a fair amount of knowledge on the part of the user.  I'm not there yet, so it's hard to step into it. 

Thanks for the help.  CB

Francis

Keeping the documentation up to date and accessible is tricky for sure. However, this issue is mentioned in the user guide.

QuoteSound Record: by default, ML will disable sound recording when FPS override is enabled; otherwise, audio will go out of sync and recording will stop. Only enable sound if you know what you are doing.