Hello from RI

Started by baga, January 27, 2013, 10:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baga

I'm Bob from Rhode Island and I'm now using a T4i which replaced my XTi. 
My wife and I did weddings in the late 70's early 80's.  I also did some sports photos for a local club.  I tried some developing and liked it, not really enough to count.

Since then I just do weddings when asked and mostly if I feel physically and comfortable with the asking party.  So I guess that means very few.  Taking photo's of our grandchildren, pets, family stuff, etc. is mostly what I do.  My camera is usually on the coffee table ready to shoot.

When I purchased my first digital (small Kodak snapshot type in 98) I was hooked.  I was thrilled at being able to print an 8x10 during the wedding.  My Minoltas where the main cameras at the wedding.

I do miss using film cameras every shot had to count.  Everything was checked and set before you took the shot.  Now it is way to easy, snap it and fix it later.  You can take 100 photos to get the right shot. 
Now don't get me wrong I love all the the new features + all the ML stuff and being able to test each setting on a new photo instead of trying it on an otherwise good photo, waiting for it to be developed, the cost of even doing that was unthinkable.  Now in my case it's made me lazy and my quality suffers.  I'm hope having ML will get me back on track just learning to use it.

Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras