Slit - scan pictures

Started by aansel, February 26, 2013, 05:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aansel

Hey!

I missing the slit scan pictures mode very very much?!

Does anybody know precisely how to perform pictures like this? FPS override >> Okay... but how to set and than what to do?!
I tried the default high jello presets, i tried in photo and in video mode with silent pictures activate and disabled. Still no clue.
Canon 550D. Photo>> i push the shutter button>> normal jpg image, switch to video >> start to record =normal video with fps override.
Im familiar with the 422 file system but there wasnt any on the SD card.
This is the fourth hour since im looking for an answer, and I was try out two different 550D with two diff. SD card... so i guess not the camera the bastard!

Thank you!

With respect to the developer team: the old version had have a slit-scan option under the silent picture you activated and it was brighty allright!
Today (Im a photo teacher) i was planned to make some sscan pictures with my students, first i searched the option in the camera. Than in forums. I found (too) many qouestion about the sscan/fps topic, but i read most of tham. I quess the fps is for video, so i tried activate in video mode >> canon 550D >> nothin happen.
There are a LOTS of adjustment is the fps section, but the documentation not really specific. Im also an eletric tecnician but aftre i read it i still did not get what the relevancy between the timer A and B and friends!
A realy apreciate your work, let me know if I can help someway in the support section!

Francis

The slit scan photo option had issues. The closest approximation is recording a video with FPS override enabled, Set to optimize for Hi-jello, and mess around with the framerate. Try 2.5fps or somewhere around there. To get the still images you will have to grab frames out of the video.

aansel

Dear Francis!

Thank you for your answer!
Please let me know some specific information about the previous ML version where we where able to make slit scan pictures.
I found this 2011.dec 22 version and installed on the same camera where we did the last slit scan images with my students, but unfortunately there isnt any slit scan option in this firmware
So please tell me if You know the last version number/name!
(and a download link would be a real gift :-)

I appreciate your answer!

aansel

Okay! "Thank You" I found the solution!
My best!