SILENT PICTURE - How to view it as Time Lapse in computer

Started by mr.vijayaraghavan, January 12, 2013, 07:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.vijayaraghavan

After several readings I understand that;

(1) SILENT picture is the best option to experiment Time Lapse (because it saves shutter-wear)
(2) The quality is NOT as good as regular Time-Lapse (because its resolution is limited to that of Live View Screen)

I hope I am correct.

Now, I tried SILENT picture on my 60d and couldn't play back as there were no pictures !  After some more readings I realized that I should make some display settings and `Press SET + use Main dial' in PLAY mode to view Silent Pictures.  However, when I loaded them to my computer, I couldn't view them.

Please guide me how to view them on my computer?  Is there any possibility to combine those files into one Time Lapse movie?  Do I have to download any other ML software or other softwares?  Please send me the links if any of such software (latest) and instructions as to how to load them.

Thanks in advance

a1ex

1) FPS override is even better ;)

See the user guide for links.

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: a1ex on January 12, 2013, 08:53:18 AM
1) FPS override is even better ;)

See the user guide for links.

Thanks; will try that.  But, FPS override may not save the shutter wear-and-tear.  It will help me if you could give some basic guidance with a small example A to Z (including playback in computer) as to how both these features - SILENT picture and FPS override - are actually performed.  When once I get the hang of it, I shall fine-tune my skills by changing the variables, including downloading any other ML software required for creating movies out of these pictures.

g3gg0

FPS override is recording video with low fps and long exposure...
... there is no shutter wear.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 12, 2013, 12:53:55 PM
FPS override is recording video with low fps and long exposure...
... there is no shutter wear.

Oh!  Then it is wonderful.  Thanks for that; I shall try that right away.  Meantime, I haven't got any answer for my SILENT PICTURE - viewing and combining it into a movie in the computer ...!!!!

g3gg0

Quote from: mr.vijayaraghavan on January 12, 2013, 01:12:35 PMMeantime, I haven't got any answer for my SILENT PICTURE - viewing and combining it into a movie in the computer ...!!!!

i dont understand why people get that agressive in forums. i hate this.

let me say it as your words appear to us:
"alex already said you have to look in the user guide ...!!! there are the LINKS! didnt you read it??"

have a nice day.

(hint: http://www.rediff.com/getahead/2007/jul/10netiquette.htm )
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 12, 2013, 01:47:33 PM
i dont understand why people get that agressive in forums. i hate this.

let me say it as your words appear to us:
"alex already said you have to look in the user guide ...!!! there are the LINKS! didnt you read it??"

have a nice day.

(hint: http://www.rediff.com/getahead/2007/jul/10netiquette.htm )

Oh...No G3ggo !  I wasn't aggressive at all... I was anxious (may be over anxious!).  I did go through the user guide ..but, surprisingly I somehow missed the last paragraph as below;

To convert a 422 image to JPEG on the PC, use one of the following programs:

422-jpg.py (command-line tool, runs on all platforms, you need to install Python, PIL and numpy).
    422toimage (Windows only, source code available).
    YUV422 Convertor (Windows only, closed source).

I got it now and I am very sorry for repeatedly asking questions quite unnecessarily.  Thanks for enlightening !  Gd.night ! (It's 11 pm here)

wolf

The 422-jpg.py script is very nice.
You can convert the whole directory containing the 422 images with this script.
Just type (on ArchLinux) "python2 422-jpg.py path_to_dir" and all 422_images in this directory will be converted.

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: wolf on January 13, 2013, 01:51:02 AM
The 422-jpg.py script is very nice.
You can convert the whole directory containing the 422 images with this script.
Just type (on ArchLinux) "python2 422-jpg.py path_to_dir" and all 422_images in this directory will be converted.

Sorry Wolf !  I am not computer savvy and am unable to understand; unless (of course) I am guided step-by-step.  What I am capable of doing is to download a programme, install it and use it!  I don't understand what ArchLinux is and in which window I should type `python2 422-jpeg.py path_to_dir' etc.  Thought I could solve the issue by using the links given in the userguide, but they don't seem to open.  So, I am back to square one! Could you please give some detailed guidance?