Using Canon WB presets in Movie mode

Started by srmarx, January 06, 2013, 08:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srmarx

How do I access the regular Canon presets for White Balance in ML movie mode?
Right now it's great for kelvin, and of course I can just remember that tungsten is 3200, daylight 5600, etc.
But I'd still like to press a button and get them, and also what if I need to do a custom white balance?
This is probably explained already somewhere, but I can't find it.

Malcolm Debono

What camera do you have? On the 60D, 600D and similar you can press the Q button and scroll through the white balance presets. On all models, you can go in Canon's menu to change it too.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

scrax

I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

srmarx

Canon T2i (550D).  No preset WBs when I press Q.  Can change format, file size, picture style, etc.
There's nothing on the Canon menus, except custom WB, as long as I'm in movie mode.
I just wanted to be able to select Tungsten, or Shade, or things like that.

deleted.account.01

Quote from: srmarx on January 07, 2013, 12:57:21 AM
Canon T2i (550D).  No preset WBs when I press Q.  Can change format, file size, picture style, etc.
There's nothing on the Canon menus, except custom WB, as long as I'm in movie mode.
I just wanted to be able to select Tungsten, or Shade, or things like that.

i dont knwo muche aboute ML and Video Mode but in my T3i when i use Video and i need to WB i can use simple file (Cr2)and make balance with file.. igot ready one 99% withe cr2 File )and is protected... or balance WB with what is most power tool in Magic Lantern  by clicking Info Button on the camera body top on left fomr ISO button..after click Inof u will see on screan stuff  ISO-Kelw after next click Info button Brightnes-something and after next click shuterspeed-and something... so  u got 3 diferente setings to corect ..but when u stay on ISO and Kelw  just push SET button and prepare soem full white object front of lens and u are ready to go..

edit :

but  with that  options icant change shuter speed in Video mode ..ok i can i got seting for this i got it but it acting like blocked.. i have only 1/24 shuter speed in video mode and i ca nchange it betwen only 1/25and 1/24 ... but when i switching all stuff to canon setings only i got way and its not blocked to seletct another values...last waht i remember it was 50