Exp. Override 500D in movie mode

Started by mjurczak, January 06, 2013, 01:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjurczak

Hello there,

It is great that ML gives 500d users so much more freedom in movie mode :) I can't figure out one thing. Does ML support anything like the P/Tv/Av modes in movie mode? Exp. override does its job pretty well, but it seems to work as a fully manual mode. I would love to know a way to fix the aperture or shutter speed and have the other one calculated automatically in order to get a proper exposure.

c2s07

Unless something has changed recently, it's unfortunately not possible at the moment. I've created a topic about this in the feature request section, have a look at it if you wish:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4133.0

I included a few tips in there for fixing the shutter speed and aperture while still having auto exposure in movie mode. The workarounds have limitations and are rather inconvenient to use, though. ;)

mjurczak

This is not a good news :(

I'm wondering why there is no such feature in ML? Has anyone tried to implement it? Is it even remotely feasible to implement the feature? The idea of having auto exposure in movie mode is so tempting that I'll have to take a look at the source code myself. :)