ML - What do you like and use?

Started by Paul Abrahams, January 03, 2013, 12:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Abrahams

These are the features I find useful at present.

1) Audio metering (I haven't needed to record any audio yet but it seems to work well)
2) Zebras (I find useful for under/over exposure)
3) Waveform (just learning about this)
4) Peak focussing (I like it but its a bit faint)
5) ISO (I need a shortcut)
6) Graphic Overlays.

I'm sure some of you guys/girls are using a lot more ML tools than I am.

What do you like & use?

Canon 60D + lenses, BMCC. Music writer producer with a love for gadgets.

Francis

I'm using ML for still photography mostly so my favorite features are the zebras and focus peaking in image review as well as the custom AF patterns. I used a lot of the time lapse features for fun when I first discovered ML but have been very busy lately so have been doing that a lot less.

jbuy41

halbmoki

Since I use a 50D, I use it mainly for video. When I bought the camera, I didn't think I'd need video, but now that I have the possibility, I use it quite regularly. My favourite part is FPS override for timelapse. I also like the expanded ISO settings (ML digital gain)
The second most useful feature are the LV overlays. Having zebras and spotmeter in LV is very useful, even for still pictures. Focus Peaking can also be useful with manual lenses. Before ML, I almost never used liveview, but now I prefer it in all situations where I have the time to think about proper exposure.

scrax

I like the screensaver feat. but should be added to power management.
saw it two days ago and now when doing test and changes to ML I keep it on to avoid pixel burning  ;D

I love the tons of feat it gives, I can't make a list right now, bur I can't use my camera anymore without ML. Don't know if you had the same "problems" I have now when shooting with only canon firmware...
90% of time I think how to take a shot in some part of the process coumes to mind: "ouch, that feat is from ML, need to do without..."   ::)

Bulb exposure, timelapse, focus stack, hdr, LV overlay, focus patterns... mostly photo feat since I'm not doing video (yet).

I think it's more easy to say what is still used of original canon functions :D
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Paul Abrahams

Quote from: jbuy41 on January 03, 2013, 10:22:08 PM
Love wave.

Waveform?

Found out yesterday how to check exposure using a 18% gray card viewed in waveform.
Canon 60D + lenses, BMCC. Music writer producer with a love for gadgets.