new sd card freezing during playback

Started by conor roth, January 08, 2013, 04:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conor roth

hey all,
        sorry if this is old news but i can't see a relevant topic on the forum. I recently bought a sansdick extreme 32gb 45mb/s for my 550d. as i like everyone i am sure end up shooting at 1600/2500 asa etc i need something fast to deal with the noise etc but when i put the bit rate up to just 1.4 the little icon appears - the white one on the right hand side with the four levels and it stays static. when i play back the video freezes at some points and then unfreezes a few seconds later. However it plays back no problem on the computer. Can anyone advise me if this will have problems down the line in FCP or of a way to stop the freezing without filming at a lower bit rate. By the way i can only go to 1.6 without the camera cutting out altogether.. :) thanks for reading,
conor

nanomad

The camera video player had issues with high bit rate footage. You shouldn't worry as long we it works fine on a PC
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5