7D HDR VIDEO (on/off ) in VIDEO sub menu not showing up on Camera.

Started by georgiahilton, January 01, 2013, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgiahilton

I've installed the latest magic lantern firmware - shall I say somewhat successfully.   The firmware appears to be working properly, as does the HDR still photo capability. But, I cannot get my 7D to shoot HDR VIDEO.  The HDR VIDEO (on/off) option is not showing up in the VIDEO submenu... any thoughts anyone?

Cheers
geo

Georgia Hilton   MPE MPSE CAS
[email protected]
Georgia Hilton
MPE(picture editor)  MPSE CAS

scrax

go out of the submenu and toggle it on the adv.bracketing option with SET
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

georgiahilton

Hi, thanks, but that doesn't appear to be the problem.   with ADV BRACKETING on or off in the SHOOT menu, I still cannot see the menu line " HDR VIDEO on/off "

The ADV BRACKETING works fine.  I can shoot HDR stills with no issues...  The line " HDR VIDEO on/off" Line in the MOVIE sub menu does not exist...  I am under the impression that the firmware allows the 7D to shoot HDR VIDEO using 60 FPS as a way to shot two videos with brackets exposures...   Everything EXCEPT the HDR VIDEO is fully operational including HDR STILL photography.

So what am i missing.. is there a setup somewhere that I need to do to get the HDR VIDEO on/off to show up in the MOVIE submenu?

cheers
geo

Georgia Hilton

SoulCatcher09

Hi,
   The HDR video has not been enabled in the 7D alpha 2 release, only HDR for stills.HDR video will probably come in future releases. Thats my understanding on the 7D alpha 2....  ;)
EOS 7D running ML alpha 2,Canon BG-E7, EOS 450D(sentimental value ;oD),assortment of film cameras(still like to dabble in the darkroom),lenses:- 24-105mm, 10-20mm, 105mm macro, 50mm, 2x 580exII's,2x Flex TT5 pocketwizards, Mini TT1 pocketwizard, Manfrotto 055CXPRO3, Manfrotto Junior Geared Head.

georgiahilton

Ah...  Ok... Stupid user question... my bad..      Looking forward to 7D HDR video.   

cheers
geo
Georgia Hilton