ML MyMenu Idea - could be done?

Started by scrax, December 26, 2012, 10:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

Is possible to add a menu in ML filled with the menu items from all other menu loaded, submenu item to?
If yes we can add it so to have a list of all menu item (by default all hidden), when in edit mode user can enable most used items in that list so to unhide them in ML MyMenu.
With that users can chose if having all what they use in one menu (MyMenu) only (hiding all items from the "real/principal" menu), or to keep some at hand in MyMenu and something else less used in other menu.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

SDX

This Idea and possible implementations have been discussed many times already, and the feedback has positive most of the times. But to the day today, nobody has done something - so I think the best thing to say might be: ML is open source, so what stops you?

scrax

Quote from: SDX on December 27, 2012, 10:07:21 PM
ML is open source, so what stops you?
knowledge :)
Also i've asked if it's possible because so far nobody did it, for what i know maybe it's not possible/pratical to manage on the long run.

Maybe i can do it, and probably will try but for sure it will be a long process with an ugly results, maybe other devs knows how to do it in a clean way and in a couple of hours instead of months.

For also other feat request I'm trying to implement them with my limited knowledge, one is log file clean-up for movie log left on card without corresponding mov files.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-