Canon T2i Black Screen on Install

Started by siamlloyd, December 08, 2012, 09:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siamlloyd

Hello,

I have tried flashing this firmware several times. I have downloaded the updated firmware from Canon (1.0.9.) This was from the link in the troubleshooting steps on site. I went to canon directly and confirmed it was the same firmware file. I have a transcend 16G class 10 SD and a SanDisk 32G class 4 SD. Neither of which work. I have tried the method of just copying the files and updating the firmware. I can never get past the black screen. I have searched multiple forums and watched the Youtube tutorials and confirmed that I have done everything to a T.

Can you please assist?

Thanks.

Francis

Are you formatting the cards first? Also you are using a card reader, correct?

siamlloyd

Yes, I have tried doing a low level format on the camera and formatting it on my computer. Neither of which have worked

Francis

Cleared all settings and Custom Functions before installing?

siamlloyd

Yup,

I have tried everything and it wont install. I format the card, upgrade to the canon firmware, clear settings, format the card again, transfer all of the ML software provided in the zip to the card and then "update the firmware". I get past the loading screen then nothing. I have made sure all of the necessary files are there.

scrax

Quote from: siamlloyd on December 11, 2012, 08:48:10 AM
Yup,

I have tried everything and it wont install. I format the card, upgrade to the canon firmware, clear settings, format the card again, transfer all of the ML software provided in the zip to the card and then "update the firmware". I get past the loading screen then nothing. I have made sure all of the necessary files are there.

You need to try with another smaller card 8GB if possible, at least once to set the bootflag.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

siamlloyd

Okay cool,

Is there a particular card that you would recommend?

Datadogie

I am using Transend 32gb no problems. I would think the class 4 card should load ML but will be to slow for video.
Another thing, when you say you checked the firmware with Canon. Did you actually reinstall the firmware from the link supplied here as there are minor differences.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

scrax

Quote from: Datadogie on December 12, 2012, 01:05:25 PM
I would think the class 4 card should load ML but will be to slow for video.

I suppose the problem is only in loading the fir installer for setting the boot flag, so card speed is not important. Once boot flag set I hope all card will load ML for siamlloyd
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

deleted.account.01

Quote from: siamlloyd on December 10, 2012, 09:48:43 PM
Yes, I have tried doing a low level format on the camera and formatting it on my computer. Neither of which have worked

when uformating  memory card what u want to use in ur canon..and u make format with windows os or mac  use Deflaut Buffer size before u click FORMAT button..your card no0t responding cus u make bad format,. When u starting up camera it see that bad formated stuff in side and it make MOD ..
use next time

ML Format program ( duck on icon or some lol bird ) .,., but if it looks to `complicated` use Deflaut Buffer Size Format for format ur cad in reader in pc

Edit :

after second thought :

m,ayeb ur memory card is Locked ...or u transfer files  with  option like ..ReadyOnly

billc_21

I had this exact same issue this morning with my T2i.

The solution was to update my Canon Firmware prior to installation. Even though your camera may say you have Firmware 1.09 on it, you likely do not have the current sub-version released by Canon. ML is configured to only work with the very latest version of the firmware.

So, update your Canon firmware. Then, follow the ML instructions TO THE LETTER (they're not joking when they say use a fully charged battery...no battery grip, etc.) and you should have no problems.