Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

Quote from: Pelican on September 30, 2013, 02:00:08 PM
I want to refresh the ML zip used by EOScard.
Which one do you recommend?
(The one which is more or less stable and worked for many of you.)

Like arirnkiii said. the 24th works flawlessly.

I'm trying out the 29th build but it seems to work just great too. Might want to try this build and use that for the EOSCard update instead.

Pelican

I've uploaded ML_britom_1%_29_Sep_2013_.zip to my site, so EOScard uses this from now.

(I hope the % sign doesn't make any trouble...)

Edit:

Renamed to ML_britom_1_29_Sep_2013.zip
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

feureau

arrinkiiii

It give's me a error 400: bad request

walter_schulz

Pelican

EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3

jayzed

Excellent work all. I was perfectly happy with using the Alpha 2 for video, except for the one thing - I wanted a bootable version. This was because I am using a non Canon AC adaptor and the camera won't allow the installation of ML (it asks me if I know that I'm not using a factory battery and when I say yes, reboots back into the vanilla system).

I made my usual changes, CBR 1.2,  turn off x5 zoom option and tweaks to allow me two profiles - one with zebras, focus peaking using yellow dots in greyscale and the setting to bring up the 3x focus box in the top left at a half press of the shutter which also restores colour (this is the main profile I use) and another profile with false colour and the level line which I use to check brightness ranges and, of course, horizontal leveling. This is how I've used ML since the alpha 2 came out and it's a very useful addition to my 7D, in combination with the VAF-7D anti-moire filter.

However, whenever I used an external mic (I use a small clip-on, not really lavalier, that came with my Microtrack II audio recorder) the system was flaky. I was disappointed as this meant I was likely going to have to go back to the non-booting alpha. I spent an hour or so switching parameters on and off to see if anything was causing this and lo and behold - the wind filter! When I switched it off, the audio came back, the camera stopped freezing and it was back to normal. I just wanted to give this hint in case anyone else was having the same problem. I haven't used the system for long, so it may still have issues, but for now it seems great. I don't need the wind filter with my external mic, it has it's own foam covering that seems to do the job. This is meant to be for sync audio, or at least that's the intention but it seems I end up using a lot of audio from the camera, in particular when I don't have time to setup and switch on the Microtrack. With the mic plugged in, I get reasonable sound as I can position the mic several feet from the camera closer to the subject which is often a better solution than a higher-end mic mounted on the hotshoe (I'm an audio professional by trade, not in the video world).

The only things to comment on are that the full-frame equivalent display (50mm for example) is sort of overlaid with other text, but I can read it fine. I also have some weird characters displaying on the screen in various locations on playback but I can certainly live with both of these.

I'm not using any of the extra modules (for now) as I just want to get video recorded with a minimum of fuss and a maximum of feedback and I have that without trying any of the new features.

Thanks everyone for their help, instructions and utilities that have allowed this. I love the new look as well.

Bobypro7

Hi guys, does anybody know the complete process to get to shoot raw video with the 7D through ML alpha 2 ? Thanks in advance for the help...

RenatoPhoto

Alpha 2 does not support raw:

Try this:
HOW TO: A guide to installing ML on the 7D with recent features
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Eddy Woj

Hello Guys ,
I got last firmware Canon V2.0.3 & Magic Lantern Alpha2 (via CF) on my Canon 7D, but I can't find the Raw Video Module on my 7D, did I miss something ?...
Thanks for sharing  :D

feureau

@Eddy: Look at the post exactly above yours

1%

What was it doing to audio with wind filter on? I can hardly tell the difference with it on/off.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on October 04, 2013, 03:59:04 PM
What was it doing to audio with wind filter on? I can hardly tell the difference with it on/off.

supose to cut some frquencies (wind frequencies) ?

1%

Its supposed to be a HPF/LPF but I'm wondering what it did to his external and if 6d actually needs the setting added (same audio ic)

arrinkiiii

Yes for hi frequencies and low. Can be helpful in camera but in post u can do it easily. For me audio in post is the best, with good speakers. in camera only need good meters and of course a good input/sound. Some mic's also have this feature of hi and low pass.

arrinkiiii

@ Pelican

Im having problems with the download of EOScard... it's seems that it don't download

angelom

I don't know if Pelican has already fixed the problem but the download is ok for me, tried right now.

Pelican

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 04, 2013, 07:17:24 PM
@ Pelican

Im having problems with the download of EOScard... it's seems that it don't download

What is the problem?
Downloading EOScard itself or downloading the ML zip?

arrinkiiii

Two days ago i have problem enter in your website and download the eoscard... going to try again  :)

Edit: I go here http://www.pel.hu/eoscard/ and it's stay for ever for enter in the web site, maybe is my computer/internet but this never happen to me and i can go to other websites =(

NessD

Don't know if it's been mentioned: Is it possible to disable the automatic audio gain? For me the most important feature.

Walter Schulz

What do you mean?
Auto gain control? This is optional in Canon's menu with firmware 2.0.3.

Ciao, Walter

NessD

Perhaps I'm mistaken: I don't mean controlling the levels of an audio track, but rather an automatic gain when using an external mic. If a scene becomes too quite, the 7D raises the volume, creating a hissing effect. I had 2.0.3 from the get go, so I can't think of a way of disabling it for external mics. If I'm wrong, can you point me to a solution? Thanks :)

NessD

Strangely enough: As I tried it just now, the hissing was gone. Maybe I did something wrong the last time. Thanks anyway. :)

angelom

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 06, 2013, 03:29:34 PM
Edit: I go here http://www.pel.hu/eoscard/ and it's stay for ever for enter in the web site...
Working fine for me.

feureau

Quote from: angelom on October 06, 2013, 05:35:33 PM
Working fine for me.

Just downloaded eoscard. Works fine for me. Almost accidentally hit the donate button. *phew* That was close.