LUA builds

Started by csghone, December 23, 2012, 01:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csghone

Hello ML team,

I am currently using ML2.3 and would like to try out LUA enabled builds of ML on my 600D.
There seems to be multiple options available - the latest one seems to be
https://bitbucket.org/sztupy/magic-lantern/downloads

Is there any newer build available? Can I build with LUA support from the latest source?

Can somebody provide a list of DOs and DONTs while switching between the LUA build and non-LUA builds?
Example: Should I remove ML2.3 completely before trying the LUA build? or can I simply use a different SD Card loaded with the LUA build?

phunkyboy

I had flickering on the magic zoom window so I loaded the nightly build on a seperate 16 gb card. It hasnt fixed the issue but there some nice extra options there so I'll keep it. Yes just extract the build to a new (or existing ) card make sure your autoexec bat is there and ML copy any custom stuff you may have like cropmarks . If yu run into issues pop the original sd card in to verify the camera.

csghone

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a shot in a couple of weeks and let you guys know how it goes!

phunkyboy, Have you ever used the LUA enabled builds?

scrax

Quote from: csghone on December 23, 2012, 01:26:03 PM
Is there any newer build available? Can I build with LUA support from the latest source?

Hi, I suppose that the version you found is older than 2.3 and so it will need to have the needed file that now are in ML folder on the root of the card instead.

To use last code for enabling LUA you need to be able of compiling ML by yourself, there is a sticky topic on how to do it in general development forum.

Just keep present that it's not fully implemented, I can load the default scripts but the one for intervalometer hangs my 600D. I've tried to write my own but failed to compile them so i give up.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-