Multirotors & Magic Lantern

Started by Stuminator, December 17, 2012, 07:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuminator

Hi all and greetings from Cairns, Australia.  I have been building and flying multirotor helicopters based on the German Mikrokopter (MK) platform for nearly 3 years now and am on a quest for the holy grail of airborne video capture. High frequency vibration from the kopters is a big issue with rolling shutter artifact ( Jello), especially with the GoPro and with my new setup I've managed to solve that issue. I have built a heavy lift platform capable of lifting 5 kg of camera with ease and have recently been experimenting with the 550 D.  Whilst the video is stable and free from rolling shutter the video is not sharp ( individual frames on post look blurred)  and I was wondering if anyone else out there has used ML to produce better quality footage.   here's a link to some footage shot with a smaller Quad Kopter and GoPro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWAEmgzwys

I have a 5D MK 2 and am thinking of buying a MK 3 where I would then consider getting the MK 2 up in the air but would like to try getting the best out of the 550D first.  I note that there are several picture style options like VisionColorand wonder if that will help.  I am confused about the VBR option in ML and would really appreciate assistance in that regard. 

Cheers

Stuminator