SHOTTING IN CANON MENU (after loading ML)

Started by mr.vijayaraghavan, December 17, 2012, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.vijayaraghavan

(1) To use Canon Menu (after loading ML) The user guide says `press and hold SET button while start-up to shoot in CANON menu' (i.e. ML will not be loaded for the session).  On my friend's T2i it is working OK.  But, on my 60d it is not working.  Which button I should press and hold on 60d?

(2) To erase the photos in the card; I go to FORMAT in Canon Menu.  It reads the card and says `Format card, keep Magic Lantern (Q). All data will be lost!'.  Should I have to press `OK', OR `Q + OK' ?

g3gg0

1) dont understand your question. you want to start your 60D without magic lantern, right?

2) simply press OK. if you press Q, you toggle between "format KEEPING ML" and "format REMOVING ML"
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

vertigopix

Hi g3gg0 !

I can confirm that the "Set" button trick at startup to start without loading ML doesn't work...
It only work sometimes if you remove and replace the battery.

Regards,

Christian

a1ex

Works for me on 60D, did you assign some custom function to SET?

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: a1ex on December 17, 2012, 12:21:20 PM

Yes; I had assigned White Balance.  But then, even after cancelling it keeping SET button free, it doesn't work.  Christian also says it doesn't work.

Anyway; it shouldn't matter (I guess!).  On my 60d, Canon Menu always works; it is only when I press `TRASH' I can access ML menu and use its features.  OR... is there something wrong ?... I mean Canon Menu shouldn't work that way?

nanomad

ML adds functionality on top of the original firmware. You can still use every Canon function (and, for some things,  you're supposed to)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

vertigopix

Quote from: a1ex on December 17, 2012, 12:21:20 PM

Hi a1ex,
No, no function assigned...

deleted.account.01

Quote from: vertigopix on December 17, 2012, 03:53:17 PM
Hi a1ex,
No, no function assigned...

hello vertigopix

u can try Clean Canon Setings and go to Deflaut.. of course if Clearing Setings mean Deflaut Setings.. after this  ur Canon soudl go backto  normal ;)

vertigopix

Quote from: MzytengaM on December 17, 2012, 05:26:31 PM
u can try Clean Canon Setings and go to Deflaut.. of course if Clearing Setings mean Deflaut Setings.. after this  ur Canon soudl go backto  normal ;)

Tried time ago but not working.

So it's not important to me as i like shooting with ML and have a card without ML if i need it !