update file cannot be found...

Started by oogilygumballs, December 14, 2012, 04:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oogilygumballs

Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again.

This is the message i get on my canon t2i when i update the firmware from 1.0.9 to ML,

I have downloaded the package from ML site, as well i have formatted my card each time trying this process.
Aside from that, i have highlighted and dragged each file in the folder for ML, to the ROOT folder of my EOS card(64G SDXC transcend).

I feel have done each process correctly, although it seems the opposite. please help if someone has ran into this problem thinking theyve completed each task correctly. all help is appreciated.

Francis

oogilygumballs

So i cant use a 64g with magic lanter? is anyone using high capacity cards with ML?  that isnt much room for material

Francis

Please read the install guide in depth before installing. It is easy to overlook small but important steps or notes.

It is possible to use 64GB cards w/ ML but not for the initial install.

oogilygumballs

Thanks. i will take a look at EOScard and review a little more diligently

oogilygumballs

I am still getting the message,

I have low level formatted my card, went through the EOScard utility, checked off save_develop and bootdisk, saved,
then it appears to put ML on my card itself, and once i tried to add the ML package to the card promted to overwrite some of the existing files that were put on the card via EOScard.

i tried to update firmware once the EOScard put the package on, and also tried putting the package in myself neither have worked.

i am doing my best to resolve this although if anyone can help a bit more it would be great thank you

Francis

Are you still using the 64GB card or a smaller one? It specifically says you can not use a 64Gb card for the initial install. Those would be the correct steps to use the card after the initial install with a smaller card.

phunkyboy

The 64G sd hi speed one does work. i have a transcend sdxc and it works perfect. Just keep trying. Formatting the card on the PC and using the bootdisk utility worked for me. and then copyimg the settings from the other card.