Using a card that did not install ML with.

Started by medic91w, December 10, 2012, 08:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

medic91w

So I installed ML with a 16 GB SDHC card. I just bought a 64 GB HDXC card and put it in. I thought ML would still work as I thought it was installed on my canon t2i. Of course this is not the case. I tried copying all files from the 16GB to the 64 GB but it still did not work. How can I make ML work with the 64GB SDXC card? Thanks for the help!

Francis

ML runs alongside the standard firmware off of the card. So installing with 1 card means it only works with that one card. You have to go through the firmware update process with all the ML files on each card you wish to use, or use one of the utilities to make that card bootable. However 64GB cards are not completely supported and require that you use one of those utilities, either EOScard for Windows of MacBoot for Mac.

Read here for more info.

oogilygumballs

Quote from: Francis on December 10, 2012, 05:26:02 PM
However 64GB cards are not completely supported and require that you use one of those utilities, either EOScard for Windows of MacBoot for Mac.

Read here for more info.

I will try this out. what is the risk of making my sdxc bootable?

Francis

No risk. You can always just format it to undo the change.

scrax

Quote from: oogilygumballs on December 14, 2012, 04:54:56 PM
I will try this out. what is the risk of making my sdxc bootable?

you risk that it will be able to load ML  ;)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-