Photos and Videos directly archieved on PC

Started by webmaster1, December 09, 2012, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webmaster1

Hi all,

I think this feature is possible to implement, but i'm not really sure:

Make Magic Lantern Firmware able to register videos and take shots directly on PC, this can allow camera operator to save videos directly on an archive and allow to register long-lenght videos without stop recording because SD is full.

I think also this can increase the quality of videos because USB port is more speed than SD (50mb/s for an SD class 10 versus 480mb/s for USB 2.0) and if this feature is implemented with USB remote control for magic lantern you can be able to control multiple cameras using a simple notebook, netbook or PC.

What about this idea?

Sorry for my english.

deleted.account.01

well this is possible but ..

u ca nuse canon software .. :  Camera Remote Shoting

with this soft u can take shots and save them Stright on ur what ever  Device with Hdd what  have instaled Camera Remote Shoting..

u got this and more software on your CD disc`s  from canon ...

u can in this way choce way to save all still shots on HDD or Hdd and Memory Card or just Memory Card :

abotue Video..its not so simple ..but i thing its ...  i knwo how it can be done but im not programer so icant wright hack for it.
but its good to check few things... try to LIE firmware on Canon ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Hr0Vr_Lzc&list=LLnITEq7dgVDVf2d2bVYd39A

u can see here.. how one dude use video signal from camera to put it on life veiw from Canon to computer ..
i not done tests with this or similar way..
but if some lame chat program can capture screan from Canon ( what is impossible like i was read aboute )
so i thing  advancd software can be lie d aboute Video source to :DD .. try lie camera or  more expensive way  :

like this :

http://www.proflixsales.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/intensitypro-34%20card.jpg

or go PRO and like that :

http://www.dvshop.ca/capture/images/bmintensitypro.jpg

i lookin for same thing..but now only for Video capture stright to pc hdd..

like for now those tools are to expensive for me...but u can buy :D 

Edit :

Alsow

Magic Lantern got soem cool feature for u ..

go to Movie setings and u will find there option  what is named :      Movie Restart  :  Off / ON

with this option u can record movies ( 30 minutes depend of camera ) and when 30 minutes recording will finish this Option  will start automaticly recording new file so u dont need to cary abooute pushing REC button again :D ..

u got in ML Movie Options future what will show u in LiveView info abotue  Time Remaning  ( 30 minutes ) or files size ( in my case my camera can recording  4 GB file or 30 minute movie ) ..after this ML automaticly start recording new file ..

webmaster1

i'm not able to understand what you are trying to say, the way you are speaking for doesn't allow to remote control camera and don't do what i'm asking for

deleted.account.01

Quote from: webmaster1 on December 10, 2012, 02:00:29 PM
i'm not able to understand what you are trying to say, the way you are speaking for doesn't allow to remote control camera and don't do what i'm asking for

Canon Software +Intensity Pro .. all u need

Quote from: webmaster1 on December 09, 2012, 11:17:28 AM(50mb/s for an SD class 10

50mb/s its importand Minimum for digital cameras and Video shoting... try invest in 95 mb/s in both ways ...
or WiFi Memory Card ...

webmaster1

50mb/s is the top of the diamond who i found in a range of 10km from my house, it's class 10 SD and canon software doesn't control ML firmware options, nor multiple cams.

I understand your point but it's not what i'm asking, can a developer express about my idea?

scrax

Quote from: webmaster1 on December 09, 2012, 11:17:28 AM
Hi all,

I think this feature is possible to implement, but i'm not really sure:

Make Magic Lantern Firmware able to register videos and take shots directly on PC, this can allow camera operator to save videos directly on an archive and allow to register long-lenght videos without stop recording because SD is full.

I think also this can increase the quality of videos because USB port is more speed than SD (50mb/s for an SD class 10 versus 480mb/s for USB 2.0) and if this feature is implemented with USB remote control for magic lantern you can be able to control multiple cameras using a simple notebook, netbook or PC.

What about this idea?

Sorry for my english.

SDX is working on a remote control with ptp that maybe could be related to your question: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1508.0
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

webmaster1

is possible to implement a stuff like what i described?