Intervalometer tweaking for Astrophotography

Started by selste, December 09, 2012, 07:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selste

i all,
bought a 60Da recently and started fooling around with ML ... really impressive!

To make the intervalometer more suitable for Astrophotography i've made a small change, the 'Stop after' parameter is not using increments of 100 anymore.
Additionally i'd like to fix an issue when Mirror lockup is enabled - ML basically starts the exposure instantly after the mirror is locked in the upper position, which is not what you want ... especially when doing Deep-Sky-Imaging with long focal lengths.
I'd like another entry in the intervalometer menu that lets me add a delay between lockup and exposure start, but only if the camera supports Mirror lockup and it is enabled, if that's possible?
Since i don't (yet) really know my way around the ML API and the layout of the source code culd anybody provide me with some pointers on where to look for the relevant functions?
THX,

Steffen

scrax

maybe all_features.h? I use it for finding things in ML
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

g3gg0

haha i just made a similar change.
did not check in yet.

the "stop after" count is in increments of 1 when <10. then until 100 its increment of 10.
over 100 the increment is 100. will check in that soon.

edit:
check it in. should be in nightly build.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

selste

Hi,
Quote from: scrax on December 09, 2012, 07:53:29 PM
maybe all_features.h? I use it for finding things in ML
thanks - i'll have a look at it!
Cheers,

Steffen

selste

Hi,
Quote from: g3gg0 on December 09, 2012, 09:08:13 PM
haha i just made a similar change.
did not check in yet.

the "stop after" count is in increments of 1 when <10. then until 100 its increment of 10.
over 100 the increment is 100. will check in that soon.

edit:
check it in. should be in nightly build.
thanks - a better solution than what i did: simply set up another static array with a predefined set of values (much like the 'timer_values' ).
I'll give it a spin,

Steffen

edit: Installed the Nightly, seems to work perfectly!