ML and Combo Monitor

Started by sonymancer, December 05, 2012, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonymancer

hi!
i have a 550d canon, and i havent installed ML as my firmware, but i will do it soon, cause i like the many feature this firmware "unlock".

But, i have two questions;
1 - if i put a card without ML installed in (4 exemple  a new SDcard  or just a simple mistake) i will take any problem or irreparable error like "miss firmware you can't turn on your camera anymore, just trash it"?
2 - Now if i plug my 550d to a combo monitor (like a 27" samsung TV) the viewfinder will turnoff... this is very annoying, i need to see both to viewfinder of my camera and a big monitor, and i dont like to use a notebook or a netbook couse the screen is to little and the quality is lower. Do ML help in this?

tnx to all :)

deleted.account.01

ML 2.3V got coool futers for External Monitors.. it can place frame in midle of external screna it can put frame in 4:3 16:9 :16:10 1:1 ..how far i remember ..

im new user of ML and in newbe but i remember those setings in Magic Lantern 2.3V ( lastest Version )

http://www.magiclantern.fm/download

i never try this options cus i dont need t oconnect external screan ..but ML got something inside to Work with :) ..and this can give u loads of fun ..and Fix`es

that is for second question:

aboute first one..this what i knwo to now its..if u Upgrade or DownGrade ur Firmware u can delete ml-550d-109.fir File  ..( i mean file what upgrading or downgrading ur firmware )(and i ting its better to delete it )..if not ur camera will try to update firmware again whenu try to instal ML  so better delete that file after firmware update or dongrd before u start instaling ML )...and format card...u dont need to have that file what up or dwn ur firmware..its done once and camera dont need this file any more on ur Memory Card..just Delete it..

Now ML
u can remove card from camera and ur Canon will start with NONE problmes :) .. u can put inside another card and still everything  be coool..u can later put to camera card where u put on ML files and start up Camera ( but files must be instaled on card not jsut copy from card to card ) ..and your camera wil lstart up with all stuff from your Canon ( all menues and all stuff ) + Magic Lantern ..

but once more u CANT simple copy ML files ( after instaling ) from One memory Card to another one..if u do it ..that card on where ujust copied files will just not Load for u ML ...cus files must be Instaled..
and remember u not instaling ML inside your Canon Body or lenss :DD .. only on Memory Card..

Edit :

but if u make mess with files on Memory Card ..( ML Files ) dont wory..your camera will NOT Explode :DD  ...after messing with files do this :

Format Card inside Canon and before u push buttton OK press Q button..this will delete all files + ML files form Memory Card ..
but it stay with one Folder..it will be named ML and in side folder u will find some Setings file..  but u will see this folder when u put Card to your Computer Card reader..u can delete that file ( of course if u previusly FormatCard and format with  Pressed Q button ) and remember always make LOW Level Format it makes Buffersize on Deflaut ..

so after formating in Canon and deleting old Setings file your Memory Card is Again Ready to put on Magic Lantern Files ( you dont need instal again firmware ) and later inside Canon Instaling

Edit :

so editing here :D

but one more importand Thing..i almost forgot..ALWAYS REMEMBER when u trying to take Memory Card OUT from Computer Card Reader  FIRST   go to  your Computer and Click on Memory Card Icon and Select EJECT !!!  this is Most Importand ..if u not do it..ur Memory Card can demage or files saved on card can be destroyed with no way to recovery ( btw REcovery software can Recovery files from your Card even u Delete them long time ago ;) ;)  ...but here im not sure how FAT32 working with this..NTSF is fine

same with Camera...ALWAYS remember to waith few second before u take Memory Card OUT from ur camera (after turning OFF camera or taking battery out Stright ).. waith for small red flash dot ( if u got one in camera body ) and after tis u can save take it out

sonymancer

thanks, you explained it very well  :)

scrax

Quote from: MzytengaM on December 05, 2012, 07:03:05 PM
aboute first one..this what i knwo to now its..if u Upgrade or DownGrade ur Firmware u can delete ml-550d-109.fir File  ..( i mean file what upgrading or downgrading ur firmware )(and i ting its better to delete it )..if not ur camera will try to update firmware again whenu try to instal ML  so better delete that file after firmware update or dongrd before u start instaling ML )...and format card...u dont need to have that file what up or dwn ur firmware..its done once and camera dont need this file any more on ur Memory Card..just Delete it..
what? that's wrong, maybe better if you read there: HOW ML STARTS

@ sonymancer
1 ML will not  ever try to change/upgrade or downgrade your firmware. that's just MzytengaM 's misunderstanding.
You will not have firmware problem because you used another not ML prepared card for mistake or for choice (some user keeps one card with ML and one without for when they don't what to use it.)

2 You can attach your camera to the TV with Ml but it's not possible to have also the LCD on, you have to chose if you want audio and video to the tv (no video on LCD) or keep video on LCd and send audio only to the TV (this is used with headphone for audio monitoring)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

deleted.account.01

no u missunderstand me.. i mean Canon will try ...but i soudl add this..Canon menu can show u all avilable updates for ur camera model if he find on card some...i dont mean ML will try .no

in one my test i add two firmwares on card  ..1.0.1 and 1.0.2 ..but i must say i dont remember with one i was have instaled in that moment..
canon (if i can call it *)  *software showed me all alvilabel upgrades 1.0.1 and 1.0.2

but still maybe i jsut missunderstand :D sry if yes

scrax

Quote from: MzytengaM on December 06, 2012, 03:25:19 AM
no u missunderstand me.. i mean Canon will try ...but i soudl add this..Canon menu can show u all avilable updates for ur camera model if he find on card some...i dont mean ML will try .no
ok, but neither canon is trying to install firmware at every start, just shows you the firmware menu entry if a correct .fir file is found on the card And it will make the same thing if there is no .fir on the card, it will check what's on the card.

with 2.3, on 600D only, you can use 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 canon fir, That's a special case, usually (like was for xmas version) ML will load only with one specific canon firmware ver.
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

deleted.account.01

i just said this what i sean once ..sry for disturbrances

scrax