Canon 60D LCD monitor screen not coming on

Started by Arne, November 30, 2012, 02:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arne

I recently installed ML on a 60D. I was going through some testing before shooting some video when the camera LCD monitor went off. Now when I turn on the camera I can't get it to come on. The camera seems to be functioning OK.

I was working with the "Set" button when the screen went off. So not sure if I accidentally turned off the monitor, if there is a problem with ML or some other problem. I haven't had any problems before the ML install.

Any suggestions?

Malcolm Debono

I'm assuming there isn't any response when pressing the Info or Display button right? Did you try ejecting the battery and putting it back in after a few seconds?

Also, try using another card without ML and see if that turns on your screen.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

1%

Arne

I have found a temporary solution. I had to reinstall the ML software on the SD card I was using. This still doesn't answer why I had the problem. Nothing else I tried such as removing the battery, etc. worked.

The camera also won't work with another SD card with ML installed on it. So maybe I need to un-install everything and start from scratch.

Malcolm Debono

Try deleting your config file from the card. That will reset all ML settings to their default values if that's what's causing the issue.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!