Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roterrion

I uploaded a RAW Video Test: http://t.co/oSV53iVdw1 here.
Resolution: 1280x432, I got a slow card. I reduced the pink noises on post using noise reductions from adobe photoshop/after effects. losing details  :-\

using satriani's custom ML_N_31.05.2013 build.
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion

MarlonSenanayake

ejszarny

got some crashes when try fps override and silent pictures:
ASSERT: 0
at Graphics.c:3580, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D101
Mercurial changeset   : ca7870e6a59c (unified)
Built on 2013-04-30 13:27:39 by nanomad@workhorse.
Free Memory  : 315K + 3426K

and rec is frozen, and on the video lots of vertical lines...

i cant upload the crash log happened with silent pictures, because the camera totally frozen and does not write crash log...

tommix

Quote from: MarlonSenanayake on May 31, 2013, 06:46:46 PM
Guys stop talking about raw videos. there is much more to do before raw shooting,

I agree. raw video on this camera is worthless to invest time in. People who wants good raw-will have to buy 5D.
Now i think developers could spend more time for more useful things in 650D.
Does anyone of you filming something soooo special that needs raw video? Whats the point of raw video when you shoot it with kit lenses :D As we all see 650d have write speed limitation ~ 40MB/s so raw video anyways will be not the best one.
Also i do not know what on earth worth to have 40MB/s frame rate video that i would save it and not convert to smaller size :) I'd rathar go with BBC Planet Earth HDs then mine raw :D
I'm just sayin'

lynx

BUG:

The red circle record indicator sometimes disappears while recording with the ML overlay. I accidentally stop recording today, because I didn't notice the red circle. This might be problematic to a lot of users.

Thanks for the great work developers!

palark93

I have installed and it works fine, but now the screen always flickers, as if playing back hdr video, but the settings are normal.
it flickers during playback of stills as well.
anyone else having this problem??

33black

Quote from: tommix on June 01, 2013, 07:57:01 PM
I agree. raw video on this camera is worthless to invest time in. People who wants good raw-will have to buy 5D.
Now i think developers could spend more time for more useful things in 650D.
Does anyone of you filming something soooo special that needs raw video? Whats the point of raw video when you shoot it with kit lenses :D As we all see 650d have write speed limitation ~ 40MB/s so raw video anyways will be not the best one.
Also i do not know what on earth worth to have 40MB/s frame rate video that i would save it and not convert to smaller size :) I'd rathar go with BBC Planet Earth HDs then mine raw :D
I'm just sayin'

I'll have to agree.  If the RAW is just janky at best, it's probably a waste of time.  I'd rather have all of the full features working just like on the T3i and then start to add improvements.

I wouldn't generalize about "kit lenses."  I don't have a kit lens.  You can do some pretty good looking stuff with a T4i if you take the time to do it.  Granted there's a LOT of mediocre work out there, but I wouldn't generalize.

Walter Schulz

Bug: Modules loading/unloading several times freezes camera. After removing and insertingbattery camera starts up again.

Not sure if this is relevant or not.

Ciao, Walter

papkee

Quote from: 33black on June 01, 2013, 09:10:08 PM
I'll have to agree.  If the RAW is just janky at best, it's probably a waste of time.  I'd rather have all of the full features working just like on the T3i and then start to add improvements.

I wouldn't generalize about "kit lenses."  I don't have a kit lens.  You can do some pretty good looking stuff with a T4i if you take the time to do it.  Granted there's a LOT of mediocre work out there, but I wouldn't generalize.

Now I'd have to disagree. While the raw that comes from this camera isn't the best, keep in mind that this camera is not a 5D, and therefore was not bought by someone looking to get the utmost quality and features. On the contrary, in least in my case, it was bought to be a semi-budget camera for youtube. The addition of RAW support of any kind is a very great bonus, and given that I'm very grateful for the effort the team has put in to RAW recording. Once we sort out the weird elements bug, the T4i has the potential to become a very powerful RAW camera for the entry-level cinematographer.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

satriani

Guys please stop to tell developers what they have to do!
They also working hard for another devices. The RAW video recording is now the part of the project Magic Lantern.
Take a look to the change log and you will see, that RAW video recording is not the only thing that developers are working on.
Please, have a little patience.
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

roterrion

Quote from: lynx on June 01, 2013, 08:13:13 PM
BUG:

The red circle record indicator sometimes disappears while recording with the ML overlay. I accidentally stop recording today, because I didn't notice the red circle. This might be problematic to a lot of users.

Thanks for the great work developers!

well, I experienced this also, on the pre alpha 1 (i believe). so the thing i thought i record wasn't recorded, vice versa. luckily it's not a wedding or such.  :P
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion

lynx

Quote from: roterrion on June 02, 2013, 06:25:11 AM
well, I experienced this also, on the pre alpha 1 (i believe). so the thing i thought i record wasn't recorded, vice versa. luckily it's not a wedding or such.  :P

Thank goodness it wasn't a wedding... But I have one coming up soon, and I probably won't use the ML overlay just yet. I think the build I was using was the Alpha 2, it was the build complied by satriani (ML_N_30) that has the RAW video module.

nanomad

As a suggestion, use the rec/stdby overlay that shows a big red overlay when not recording
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

oli650d

hello it and the best adjustment for motion détection ?
I find the slow detection even in manual AF
for bird photography
Congratulations for a great job ml!
Eos m , Eos 70d canon 18-135 STM :canon 50mm f1.8 : tamron  SP 70-300 f4/5.6 VC : SD eye-fi 4Go/Sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s 8Go:flash yongnuo YN565EX / YN560 II: tube extention macro 31;21;13mm : tamron SP 90mm DI f2.8:sigma 17-50 ex f2.8: efm 22mm...70D.111A

Walter Schulz

Trap focus is missing in this version. Would be better suited for this kind of work.

Ciao, Walter

nanomad

Trap focus is not working on the 650D because canon isn't updating the "realtime" focusinfo anymore
Unless you have the lens set to AF  ::)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Walter Schulz

Thanks for the info!

@oli650D: There may be a workaround for you:
Tap a single pin on your lens or camera (Link, german only), set focus mode on the lens to AF, enable "Continuous shooting", adjust focus distance manually and press the shutter button. Would be best to use a wired remote where the shutter button can be fixed in that position.

Tested it with 650D and EF 100/2.8 L IS USM Macro (IS off) and EF 100/2.8 Macro USM. Works like a charm. May be not your choice because shooting will continue as long as focus is established and SD-Card has free space.

Tested it with 7D: Not that great. 7D shoots once, gives an Err and will not do a second shot until shutter button is released.
But there is an ML alpha 2 doing trap focus without hardware tweaks. ;-)

Ciao, Walter

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: 33black on June 01, 2013, 09:10:08 PM

i agree with timmy this is waste of time, make firmware stable and then keep work on raw

oli650d

dir seen her this option is not available on the 650d?
Eos m , Eos 70d canon 18-135 STM :canon 50mm f1.8 : tamron  SP 70-300 f4/5.6 VC : SD eye-fi 4Go/Sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s 8Go:flash yongnuo YN565EX / YN560 II: tube extention macro 31;21;13mm : tamron SP 90mm DI f2.8:sigma 17-50 ex f2.8: efm 22mm...70D.111A

adrian2013

hello guys I'd like to try this software for canon650d can help me with a download link for that please? thank you!

Lucas_W

Quote from: adrian2013 on June 02, 2013, 12:34:39 PM
hello guys I'd like to try this software for canon650d can help me with a download link for that please? thank you!

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3697.msg32446#msg32446

These are the official instructions for the pre-alpha 2 and the posts after describe how to get it working from scratch.
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

adrian2013

satriani

Hey guys,
the last build ML_N_02.06.2013.zip was compiled with disabled Rev 7242, because of occured error by compilation.
This change seem not to be relevant for 650D.

Quote from: 1pModules now work on EOSM... took out beep so add dummy stubs

Waiting for solution  :)
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

Walter Schulz

Quote from: oli650d on June 02, 2013, 12:34:16 PM
dir seen her this option is not available on the 650d?

I'm not able to understand your question, please rephrase!

Ciao, Walter