Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donjames150

Quote from: midnite on May 24, 2013, 08:04:31 PM
thanks for the answers, i just realized i need to set my iso setting manually. (it was set to auto) now i can record HDR videos. thanks all.

This is a valuable resource for processing HDR video. Jump ahead in the video to 4:45 as he has a 5D Mark III. He made a couple of mistakes in his directions, one he says that avisynth opens first, but it's virtualdub that gets open. After virtualdub has separated the lights from the darks, then avisynth combines them and finally imports them into virtualdub where you need to set your framerate (unless you want 25fps) and set your compression, then save your avi from within virtualdub. There is a script file where you can change the fps default and the compression default so that you don't have to do it everytime. If you want to do this, set your framerate and compression then select file, export settings and name a file. Then go into that file and copy those lines into the \HDRWorkflow\scripts\hdr_join.vcf script file. Then you go to the frames folder and delete all the files there.

EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

blade

Or... Id you happen to use final cut like me, get the plugin and it will do it all for you.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

palark93

Hello, I have been following this topic for a while, and recently was able to install ML on my T4i(thank you very much to everyone here btw :D) , and I have a couple questions that seem to still elude me. :-\

1. I have noticed that people have been asking about advanced bracketing, is this feature currently disabled or unavailable?

2. I have been messing around with the scripts, mainly the custom exposure one, and i have edited it thusly:

// Custom bracket sequence

console_hide();set_aperture(22);
set_iso(100);
set_shutter(1./2000);
takepic();
set_shutter(1./1000);
takepic();
set_shutter(1./500);
takepic();
set_shutter(1./250);
takepic();
set_shutter(1./125);
takepic();
etc.....

but any time i run this script it just takes a few pictures at 1/125??? what am i doing wrong here

red5446

i think that anyform of raw video in a canon rebel will push the camera and cinema industry to unknown levels.
is it possible that camera makers like sony or panasonic will stay quiet and decide to not implement camera raw in their cameras next year? i don´think so. they have to. it´s an obligation now that currently with a hack, canon has the upperhand at least at the midrange.

just hack one rebel one and things are going to get very entertaining in the industry.

demetrisag

just out of curiosity here! whenever that is, comes the next version. what is it gonna be prealpha 3 or alpha?

1%

Raw & HDR video from CANON cameras - its a fake

Care to prove that?

Raw video from BMCC... its a fake.. buy red or alexa... its everything you need.

Andy600

Quote from: 1% on May 25, 2013, 10:02:19 PM
Care to prove that?

Raw video from BMCC... its a fake.. buy red or alexa... its everything you need.

Red and Alexa are fake... buy a ARRI 35mm film camera  :P
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

1%

35mm is fake... buy large format like 102mm

papkee

Color is fake... buy a Revere Model 88.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

Andy600

Large format cameras are fake.... use your eyes :P  (top that if you can LOL)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

papkee

Alright jumping back to development now.

I'm shooting a short video on my cousin's RC drift car. We'll see how that turns out with ML's help.

Right now bitrate is set to 1.4x and results are looking good.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

Andy600

@kzi2006 - a reality check:-

The Black Magic Pocket Camera is a concept prototype until it is released.

The Black Magic Pocket Camera has a significantly smaller sensor than ALL Canon DSLRs

The Black Magic Pocket Camera's raw video ability is not proven and does not exist. It will not exist even when it is released (whenever that is?!)

The Black Magic Pocket Camera looks fucking amazing! (as a b-cam to a Canon 5dMkIII DSLR). I want one TOO, not instead of my DSLR.

rainman

I installed magic lantern and started playing with the FPS override with little success. I've managed 5 crashes so far, slow live view response, pink blown out areas in live view, static images of what appears to be noise in the resulting movie files and jumps in exposure after a second or so. Before I go off to find reproduction scenarios, I  wanted to ask if this feature is SUPPOSED to be working?

elfabe028

someone can pass me the link to download ML for the 650D and a tutorial to install it?

rainman

Try post 1472 for installation links and instructions.

elfabe028

Quote from: rainman on May 26, 2013, 12:03:59 AM
Try post 1472 for installation links and instructions.
where is that? I did not understand

rainman

Each reply is numbered. Go back to page 59 and look for post 1471.

xanta

Could anyone send me the 650D-safe-dumper.fir?
Cuz i do not know why my downloading process always stuck at 22% (47.5KB/211KB) and i've tried several networks
650D 18-135mm kit, 50-1.8 lens
hoping it can do faster than 45MB/s on RAW video mode......

xanta

Quote from: xanta on May 26, 2013, 11:31:40 AM
Could anyone send me the 650D-safe-dumper.fir?
Cuz i do not know why my downloading process always stuck at 22% (47.5KB/211KB) and i've tried several networks
sorry i didn't post my email address. By attachment PLZ!

[email protected]

i'm a sophomore from China and i'm interested in the Magic Lantern working on 650D cuz i dont have spare money to buy aother upper class camera~~~~LOL
THX

xanta

I waited for almost 6hrs while downloading the 650D-safe-dumper.fir and now it's ready !
did it as the #1471? said
no extra heat no crush yet~~
thx for the help from the above Replies to the topic
i am quite a newbie here and haven't figured out how to use ML but im trying to learn!
ahahaha!

xanta

one little thing which im not sure whether it matters or not

at Video mode ,pushing the Trashcan button do get me to the ML menu but the EV bar(?dunno what to call it...)remains at the bottom of the display, i mean just the area which shows the EV overlay on the ML menu

not good at expressing myself clear in English, hope you guys can undestand me......

not a big deal is it?

nanomad

Known issue but thanks for reporting it :)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

xanta

rainman

My first time trying to share files via dropbox so let me know if it didn't work. Here are 8 crash logs I've generated messing around with FPS override for the most part.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uvjfverjhw6h1b/MLCrashLogsMay26.zip?m

The crashs were caused by 2 assertion failures:

• ASSERT: !IS_ERROR(semErr) at ./EekoApp/Color/WB/LV/LvWbAlgorWrap.c:522
  • ASSERT: 0 at Graphics.c:3580,

Not understanding how the LOG###.LOG files are being used, I'm not sure how valuable they are to assertion crashes but I've included them anyway. Can someone describe to me how the LOG###.LOG files are being used (I was a coder in a past life)?  Is there enough context in the LOG*.LOG files to debug assertion failures or is more context needed to find the problem?

Thanks!

Maddoxfotos

Same here, seems to me like the camera needs time to collect it self after a shooting a timelapse.

if leave it alone for a minute it comes back to normal, other wise i have to shut it off a few time to get the screen to show a live feed again.

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR(semErr)
at ./EekoApp/Color/WB/LV/LvWbAlgorWrap.c:522, task CLR_CALC
lv:1 mode:3

ASSERT: 0
at Graphics.c:3580, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:3

Here is a link to the logs/crash logs

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WFJYS3hkdEM5eFhtcXNUQw