This is what happens when I try silent pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn2tf3gv0kujug3/2013-05-07%2010.53.08.jpg
I get a lot of corrupt files on the SD card too

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: Aborgh on May 07, 2013, 11:02:22 AM
This is what happens when I try silent pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn2tf3gv0kujug3/2013-05-07%2010.53.08.jpg
I get a lot of corrupt files on the SD card too
lol i thought it was my memory card. i tried it too but didn't notice until you say now :D :D

donjames150

Here's one money-making (for Luke) application of the HDR video function. I've been studying real estate video filming for 1-1/2 years and one of the biggest problems is indoor lighting. The windows tend to get blown out unless you use a lot of lighting or film on cloudy days or at night. If you film on a sunny (or even bright overcast day), you can never see out the windows from inside, they're just squares of bright light. Even the best real estate videographers (Fred Light, Dan Achatz) wind up with some blown out windows unless they spend a LOT of time (and money) with lighting. This is really the beauty of Magic Lantern and HDR video. Check out what Luke Neumann says about it:

EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

alesis_neo

HDR video is a great feature I've been using that outputs video you certainly can't with a ND filter, I love it!

Thanks to all the developers for all the great work! :D
Canon EOS 650D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | Tamron 11-16mm f/2.8 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4

kazeone

donjames150 I was just about to share that same video, man I wish people would take the time to actually read and study before reporting something as a glitch when its working flawlessly lol, how can you test ML if you have no idea what ML does correctly in the first place. This is why they didnt want everyone to try out the prealpha2, people new to ML should wait until Beta to start really using it. I have never used ML but I have watched at least 4hrs of how to videos, and read countless pages of its features and yeah HDR Video is high on my list of awesome ^_^

Ed B

To anyone who is willing to help this newcomer,

I carefully followed the instructions generously given by the following two members:

- wild05kid05 (May 05, 2013, 07:11:58 AM) - forum PAGE 49

- donjames150 (May 05, 2013, 04:09:55 PM) - forum PAGE 49

... and after running EOScard, getting the 'success' message, and re-inserting my SD card, my camera does not boot. Nothing. Black screen. No light telling my the card is being accessed. Just nothing. This has me pretty nervous, of course. I'm running Windows 7, if this matters.

Can anyone PLEASE help?

newsense

Quote from: Ed B on May 07, 2013, 08:14:56 PM

I carefully followed the instructions generously given by the following two members:

... and after running EOScard, getting the 'success' message, and re-inserting my SD card, my camera does not boot. Nothing. Black screen. No light telling my the card is being accessed. Just nothing. This has me pretty nervous, of course. I'm running Windows 7, if this matters.

Can anyone PLEASE help?

You do have the battery in and charged right?

Lucas_W

Does it boot without the SD card?
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

donjames150

Quote from: Ed B on May 07, 2013, 08:14:56 PM

Can anyone PLEASE help?

Ed B, I'm pretty sure these instructions are complete so try them again

Create a magic lantern folder on your hard drive

Download http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D.PreAlpha2.zip (unzip all files to your ml folder on your hard drive)

On your camera select menu, first wrench icon, format card

download https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/99bd629f7c5712346369840e64c04fd2d4576520/platform/650D.101/devkit/650D-safe-dumper.fir?at=unified, then copy the .fir file to your card and put it back in the camera.

With the cam in manual mode, go to last wrench setting before star, fimware ver, set,  select ok, then my menu settings will read enablebootdisk :)

Put your card in the computer and download http://pel.hu/down/EOScard.exe and run this program

Check EOS Devlop and Bootdisk boxes, save

Check the card, if EOS card wrote any files, delete them

Copy from your ML folder these files: ML folder, autoexec.bin and 650D-safe-dumper.fir to your card

Put card in camera and press the trashcan button after it boots, then the left arrow button to the left of the set button

Ed B

newsense - battery in and charged

Lukas_W - Yes, it does. *sigh of relief!!*  * embarrassment for not trying that earlier!*

donjames150 - Trying it again right now...

THANK YOU GUYS!

Will update soon --

newsense

Will HDR photo be available in the beta? Really wanna check that out.

Ed B

GOT IT!!!

A million thanks to all

donjames150 - you were right. just had to repeat steps. think maybe i missed the 'delete EOScard-created files from card' part...

donjames150

Quote from: Ed B on May 07, 2013, 09:11:12 PM
GOT IT!!!

A million thanks to all

donjames150 - you were right. just had to repeat steps. think maybe i missed the 'delete EOScard-created files from card' part...

Great! Took me a couple of times as well  :)

blade

Continue from post #1158

Movie menu:

Bit rate:
   Mode CBR: OK
                     Tested factor 0.4 ( blocks visible in video ( as expected) and up to 2.0 recorded 30 seconds, looked good.
            VBR: not tested
   Bitrate info : OK got a nice a, b and Q info...

Record key: OK
Gradual expo: Not tesed
FPS override: See other post (#1268) Not working 100%

HRD:OK

Vignetting: OK

Image finetuning: Not tested I have no clue what to look for. However it did not crach te camera, so it may be OK
          ML digital iso:OK
          black level: OK

Movie tweaks:
     Timer indicator: OK
     Movie logging:OK
     # Magic Lantern v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D101

Start          : 2013/05/07 19:20:21
Lens name      : EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
ISO            : 0
Shutter        : 1/0.000s
Aperture       : f/2.8
Focal length   : 100 mm
Focus distance : 5630 mm
White Balance  : 0 - Auto, Magenta 0, Blue 0
FPS            : 25.000

CSV data:
Time,ISO,Shutter,Aperture,Focal_Len,Focus_Dist
19:20:21,0,0,2.8,100,563

rec/start: OK
     force live view: Not tested

Well thats it for me, I have tested the whole thing as far as i can. Again, very stable, and looking forward to a next version. I hope that some props will be enabled in the next version. If I have a vote i would love to test the advanced bracketing! Planning an urban trip and I would like to be able to take HDR with 5 or more photo's  http://www.flickr.com/photos/roosloot/sets/72157632849808418/

If I can assist in any more testing, or verification of other bugs, I will keep an eye on this tread.

Thats all folks!
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Jseeker

Blade - does "rec/start: OK" refer to record/restart? (after 29:59 minutes)

blade

Quote from: Jseeker on May 07, 2013, 09:43:09 PM
Blade - does "rec/start: OK" refer to record/restart? (after 29:59 minutes)

No. It starts/stops recording by pressing the shutter 1/2 for one second

RéaGeorge

This is my first venture into ML - I have a 650D mainly for video work and would love the on screen Audio Meters, be able to select Native ISO's for less noise and Higher Bit Rates ect..

I've loaded the Pre-Alpha2 which doesnt look like it can do all that yet... I'll probably take it off and wait for the finished product to come out.

I didn't see anyone else report this yet (sorry if they have) but while in Movie Mode the graphics were a bit glitchy, for one the light meter wouldnt go away while I was in the ML menu.

blade

Quote from: RéaGeorge on May 07, 2013, 10:05:12 PM

I've loaded the Pre-Alpha2 which doesnt look like it can do all that yet... I'll probably take it off and wait for the finished product to come out.

I didn't see anyone else report this yet (sorry if they have) but while in Movie Mode the graphics were a bit glitchy, for one the light meter wouldnt go away while I was in the ML menu.

If a may ask, you have taken the time to install it, why not keep it on and do some testing and contribute? It may help the development and speed up the release if a stable version for you to use.

And yes I reported the glitchy graphics before, however I never got a nice shot of it posted. Thanx!

Btw, you do know that the audio meters can be found in the stock canon firmware right?

RéaGeorge

I dont mind doing some testing....

As I said I'm completely new so I wouldn't really know where to start as I've never used it before so dont fully know how it should work. I am however relatively tech savvy, so if you want to suggest what I could do that would be cool, and I'll see what I can do :)

blade

You could take a look at my post, and go trough all the menu's and all the function and test them. Report what is working and what is not, confirm what works according to others and what not.

For more info look at this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=946.0

So far the magic zoom is not working as it should and the FPS override is causing problems.

I skipped some stuff as I have no clue what i am testing, I am not a movie guy, so maybe you can test the untested stuff by me?

RéaGeorge

Cool

I'll have a read of that other thread, and see if I can find some time tomorrow to go through the settings. :)

blade

That would be very helpful. Thanx

33black

So my GlobalDraw isn't turning on...is that an issue in the prealpha or is that just me?
---
wait, I'm an idiot.  it's a movie only feature.

with that said, with it on, none of the other options are working.  no zebras, no focus peaking.  it's not drawing anything on the screen.

are these features just not implemented?  There's so many pages of arguing about nothing in this thread, I think I'm missing the important posts.

newsense

Quote from: 33black on May 07, 2013, 11:39:41 PM
So my GlobalDraw isn't turning on...is that an issue in the prealpha or is that just me?
---
wait, I'm an idiot.  it's a movie only feature.

with that said, with it on, none of the other options are working.  no zebras, no focus peaking.  it's not drawing anything on the screen.

are these features just not implemented?  There's so many pages of arguing about nothing in this thread, I think I'm missing the important posts.

It's just you. All of those features are working. Maybe you should re-download the ALpha2 and try again. You do know you have to hit the info buttons a few times to display the ML overlay right?