Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

In EOS-M it needed to update from EVF state and the timers need to be set up so you don't get collapsed image. Shouldn't be crashing... just image freezing. If that happens hit play and it will reset.

red5446

be careful with FPS overide!!!!
for some reason this option is turned on the first time you install the prealpha in your camera.

i was checking options like 1 minute and the screen began to show banding.
red lines across!!!
i´ve seen this in another camera and this symptom isn´t good. it can damage your camera.

so be careful and wait for a stable release and please turn it off as soon as you install this prealpha.

anyways.
magic zoom isn´t working good.
even when is the only feauture activated and without sound recording.

wild05kid05

Is it possible to have a feature where you set a timer for recording ? I was thinking if that's possible, I "maybe" be able to do hyperlapse with just FPS override. I would like to hear opinions :)

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: wild05kid05 on May 06, 2013, 03:55:02 AM
Is it possible to have a feature where you set a timer for recording ? I was thinking if that's possible, I "maybe" be able to do hyperlapse with just FPS override. I would like to hear opinions :)
go to movie tweaks. in time indicator select elapsed

wild05kid05

Quote from: MarlonSenanayake on May 06, 2013, 04:17:37 AM
go to movie tweaks. in time indicator select elapsed

A timer, not a time indicator. I want to make precise segments of 1s/2s/3s/etc.

kazeone

Quote from: wild05kid05 on May 06, 2013, 05:08:09 AM

are you saying to want to be able to make time lapse movies and skip the process of taking a shit ton of photos and merging them and turning those photos into a video and just have the camera film it with pauses instead?

Vietky69

Please tell me How to set for iso 160 ,320...? I can't see in ML menu . Sorry for my english .

wild05kid05

Quote from: kazeone on May 06, 2013, 05:31:51 AM
are you saying to want to be able to make time lapse movies and skip the process of taking a shit ton of photos and merging them and turning those photos into a video and just have the camera film it with pauses instead?

I can do that with FPSOveride, what I am saying is to make a hyperlapse using FPSOveride. I want precise segments of "timelapse using FPSOveride". So like two-secs segment every 3 inches. Of course I can count via the time indicator, but it's not precise. I hope that make sense.

33black

Seems like development has finally ramped up again!  I'd been checking only once every few days.

Finally gave the prealpha a shot yesterday.  So many random things going on, wish I had my skills from my old programming days.

The one thing I noticed was that the WB meter was always on top of ML menus covering everything up on the bottom of the screen.

I ran some of the tests  but didn't know how to export the logs.  I uninstalled it, but if someone can tell me how to dump the logs, what tests to run, and if they'd actually be contributing, I'd be happy to do it again.

It seems as if there's enough data now though?

Keep it up.

kzi2006

Quote from: Vietky69 on May 06, 2013, 06:13:00 AM
Please tell me How to set for iso 160 ,320...? I can't see in ML menu . Sorry for my english .

Goto image  finetuning - ml digital iso than choose -0.3 EV
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

MarlonSenanayake

guys stop talking about useless thing, report bugs to nanomad, he can figure out bugs then

nanomad

Quote from: wild05kid05 on May 06, 2013, 05:08:09 AM

It's already available but alex disabled it since it can be done with scripts instead (which are not available on the 650D yet).

Btw, known bugs
- [CONFIRMED] MZ not working properly. Got a fix, but it causes lockups.
- [???] FPS Override not working properly. I need a confirmation by more than one guy

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

blade

Quote from: nanomad on May 06, 2013, 10:00:30 AM
- [???] FPS Override not working properly. I need a confirmation by more than one guy

I have filmed some HDR last weekend, and plan on testing and post processing the HDR tomorrow evening. I will test the FPS also. I also plan on finishing the rest of the testing. 

I also have to revisit the motion detect, as steady hands is not working for me....

Al in all...  very few bugs, nice work!
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

RafaLibrenz

I tried with 2.5 fps (from 24), in 1920x1080 pixels. Something like two minutes (in real time) has been recorded. It worked! (It's awesome!)

Then i tried with 0.15 fps (from 24 too), 1920x1080 pixels too. Something like 10 seconds has been recorded. Apparently worked, but when I stopped recording my 650D locked up. It causes 'Err 70' and saved this log (CRASH00.LOG) in my card:

ASSERT: 0
at Graphics.c:3580, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D101
Mercurial changeset   : ca7870e6a59c (unified)
Built on 2013-04-30 13:27:39 by nanomad@workhorse.
Free Memory  : 316K + 3603K

P.S.: I tried to make some HDR Videos too, and it's working fine (I tried in 1080p24 mode). I used the HDR Workflow (HDR-workflow-051.zip), and everything is ok!!!
70D + 18-135 STM

MarlonSenanayake

It's already available but alex disabled it since it can be done with scripts instead (which are not available on the 650D yet).

Btw, known bugs
- [CONFIRMED] MZ not working properly. Got a fix, but it causes lockups.
i selected 1080p 24 fps_ then turned on FOS ovrride and made fps to 25 then pink lines appear and camera wont respond,

RafaLibrenz

I think I found a [very] little bug. In play mode (viewing images from card) if I press SET button (to preview exposure fusion, i.e.) the touch screen stops working. If I simply go to photo mode, an return to play mode, touch screen returns, no need to reboot.

P.S.: That didn't bother me, even a little.
70D + 18-135 STM

blade

Did you see any vertical lines in the final movie. A 2.5 fps test i did with the previous alpha showed green vertical lines.

http://youtu.be/-4-fsAupiSI

Can you upload your tests?

laame

Did a quick look at FPS override, there's my experience:
Had my camera set to 1080p25 w/ audio disabled.
Set FPS override to 12.50fps - all worked fine, video was fine
Set FPS to 1.00fps - it was hard as nails to get the exposure right and resulting wideo had 1st couple seconds way underexposed and the rest of the clip was fine.
Didn't get any banding or something like that.
At one point desired fps setting started to change its values by itself until I quit ML menu.
After that somehow it allowed me to set fps to 50fps and other weird rates. I did not dare to try them, as they were a resault of some bug.
Also, during my messing around with fps override my camera froze once, so I had to turn it off/on, there were no crashlogs in card.

I'll try to do a couple more tests later tonight, after I get back from work, unless meanwhile someone find some terrible bug that can mess up camera.

blade

Just attempted FPS override

At 40 FPS or higher i keep getting a scrambled live view ( repeated it 5X....:-) ), and a camera that hangs ( had to remove the battery)

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR(semErr)
at ./EekoApp/Color/WB/LV/LvWbAlgorWrap.c:522, task CLR_CALC
lv:1 mode:0

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D101
Mercurial changeset   : ca7870e6a59c (unified)
Built on 2013-04-30 13:27:39 by nanomad@workhorse.
Free Memory  : 316K + 3648K

Vietky69

Quote from: kzi2006 on May 06, 2013, 07:21:33 AM
Goto image  finetuning - ml digital iso than choose -0.3 EV
Thanks for reply .

snifas

Hello

I am new to ML and been lurking here for a while.
I've been trying FPS override and noticed that no matter what settings and options I choose few frames at the beginning come out ok, but all remaining frames are overexposed.
Here's an example: http://youtu.be/YWCT1bOTX7M
Not sure if it's my mistake or some king of bug.

Anyway, big thanks for your work!

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: red5446 on May 06, 2013, 03:45:02 AM
be careful with FPS overide!!!!
for some reason this option is turned on the first time you install the prealpha in your camera.

i was checking options like 1 minute and the screen began to show banding.
red lines across!!!
i´ve seen this in another camera and this symptom isn´t good. it can damage your camera.

so be careful and wait for a stable release and please turn it off as soon as you install this prealpha.

anyways.
magic zoom isn´t working good.
even when is the only feauture activated and without sound recording.
SAME HERE BRO

mattgirvan

Anything happening yet guys? I'm a bit anxious to use the 'test' version as the T4i ain't exactly the cheapest camera out there. But are we looking at a release date soon?

loplo

Another one.
Yes it will be released..... sooner or later.

MarlonSenanayake

i don't think that alpha release gonna come soon for 650D, it'll take sometime i think, not good news for my video productioons