Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade

Focus Menu
Nothing is working. But relies on props...  Nanomad, can you explane props a bit for me? I cant figure out what it means

Display Menu
LV brightness:   Working
LV contrast:     Working
LV saturation:   Working
LV display gain: Working
Color scheme:   Working
Clear overlays:  Working

Advanced settings:
      Screen layout:   3:2 Working
                              16:10 (no hdmi so not tested)
                              16:9 (no hdmi so not tested)
                               bottom 3:2 : working
                               botom 16:9 : working ( aldo i see no difference with 3:2) (ges it for external display)

Image postion: working
Upside down: working
Force HDMI : not tested
Uniwb : Not clear to me what it should do,... so no results visible for me....

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

blade

Again i have copy pasted the breakes stuff. If i found the same result i left the text unchanged. Otherwise commented in bold

Expo Menu.
White Balance:   Not Working (Needs Prop change)
ISO:                      Not Working (Needs Prop change)   freezes my controles for 10 sec, then resumes, but not working
Shutter:               Not Working (Needs Prop change)
Aperture:             Not Working (Needs Prop change)
PictureStyle:       Not Working (Needs Prop change)
rec pic style      is says do not touch...  so i did not
ML Auto ISO:       Working   [b]still figuring out how it shoudl be used, but it seems to work[/b] not working
Expo. Lock:          Not Working (Needs Prop change)
Expo. Presets:     Not working (But the function seems to work when values/props can be changed)
Exp. Override:     Not Working (No 1/25s and no 1/8000s. Dont know about DOF...) Not tested, not sure how to use

Testing of Overlay Menu.
Global Draw:    Working
Zebras:             Working
Focus Peak:     Working AND LOVING IT!!!!
Magic Zoom:    Partly working (Green Bars and splitscreen dont works - Confirmed by Nanomad in Page 14/ #349)
Cropmarks:      Working
Ghost Image:   Working
Spotmeter:       Working
False Color:      Working
Histogram:       Working
Waveform:       Working (but not when Magic Zoom is activated)
Vectorscope:    Working (but not when Magic Zoom is activated)

To do: ( but most likely not today :-))

Movie menu.

Shoot menu.

blade

a1ex

ML auto ISO can't be working, it needs prop change.

blade

Quote from: a1ex on February 07, 2013, 12:24:49 PM

i misinterpreted how it should work, so yes you are correct it does not work...

fanjules

Another new 650D user looking forward to the release of Magic Lantern on this camera... just got a new manual focus Nikkor 1.2 lens so peaking display is going to be essential!  Many thanks to all your guys efforts...   :-*

loren83

I am also a new 650D user, just a slight upgrade from my old 1000D. Can't wait for ML to be completed so I can use the Advanced Bracketing feature. Thanks for all of your hard work!!

rubirosa007

I am so exited about this, you guys are amazing. im going through the forum reading about this and im jumping of excitement lol. i just upgraded to my t4i from a t1i so this is great news.

baga

I GOT IT WORKING.  I'M THICK HEADED.  I wasn't going to give up trying 8)
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

breaker

Quote from: a1ex on February 07, 2013, 12:24:49 PM

I thought it worked. Here is how i tested it:
In movie mode/AV, set the Canon ISO to 100. In ML menu set Exp override to ON. Turn the ML ISO to 100. Turn the ML auto ISO on: Now the iso rises in steps up to 1600, but the AV Shutter and Aperture sustains unchanged. The LV is now brighter, and if you shoot a movie, that will also be that bright too.
BUT the ISO only rises. Not even when i point the lens directly to bright light it goes down...
Now i see a short message on the screen when i turn on the camera with theese settings: "!!! Auto Exposure !!!  Set Movie Exposure -> Manual in Canon Menu". So I suppose Canon exposure is working in the background... :-[

Glad to see more testers here, blade! :D Good to see that you double check my testings - maybe other combination of settings can bring other results. I'm also a bit confused of what props does...  :o
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

baga

Quote from: breaker on February 07, 2013, 07:58:30 PM
In movie mode/AV, set the Canon ISO to 100. In ML menu set Exp override to ON. Turn the ML ISO to 100. Turn the ML auto ISO on: Now the iso rises in steps up to 1600, but the AV Shutter and Aperture sustains unchanged. The LV is now brighter, and if you shoot a movie, that will also be that bright too.
BUT the ISO only rises. Not even when i point the lens directly to bright light it goes down...
Now i see a short message on the screen when i turn on the camera with theese settings: "!!! Auto Exposure !!!  Set Movie Exposure -> Manual in Canon Menu". So I suppose Canon exposure is working in the background... :-[

Glad to see more testers here, blade! :D Good to see that you double check my testings - maybe other combination of settings can bring other results. I'm also a bit confused of what props does...  :o

I was just going to ask about the ISO.  I couldn't get it to change in ML menu, works only on the camera's menu.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

breaker

baga, In live view, If you turn on "Exp. override" to ON (bottom of Expo Menu) the ISO is adjustable in ML menu. But if you take a picture you will see that your ISO was not used. Canon's ISO was used. Think this will work when props is enabled.

nanomad, Now i can reproduce camera freeze! Exp. Override: ON. ML Auto ISO: ON. Turn off camera. Turn on camera (shoot mode). LV on. Press trash (ML munu). The menu doesn't appear, but the picture and overlay is live. No other buttons respond ither. When I turn off camera the LV remains on ...Removed battery...

I have reproduced it 5 times, but it's mostly OK. With these settings the CPU is at 99-100%...
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

baga

Quote from: breaker on February 07, 2013, 08:42:58 PM
baga, In live view, If you turn on "Exp. override" to ON (bottom of Expo Menu) the ISO is adjustable in ML menu. But if you take a picture you will see that your ISO was not used. Canon's ISO was used. Think this will work when props is enabled.

nanomad, Now i can reproduce camera freeze! Exp. Override: ON. ML Auto ISO: ON. Turn off camera. Turn on camera (shoot mode). LV on. Press trash (ML munu). The menu doesn't appear, but the picture and overlay is live. No other buttons respond ither. When I turn off camera the LV remains on ...Removed battery...

I have reproduced it 5 times, but it's mostly OK. With these settings the CPU is at 99-100%...

That did it thanks!

baga

Is the shutter count a true number right from it's first shot taken?

breaker

Quote from: baga on February 07, 2013, 08:55:44 PM
Is the shutter count a true number right from it's first shot taken?

To me it looks so. I also have an old 7D, and it seems to fit the picture taken + liveview actuations.

nanomad

Unless we got it wrong, it should be correct (it counts shots + LV switches)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

eternity52000

hello

i am new on ML ans i would like hep you in create the Alpha on 650D or even create a french version because i am french
canon 650D canon 1000D objectif 28-105 f3.5-5.6 usm

baga

Thanks after I thought about it the number of shots was right.

blade

In movie mode/AV, set the Canon ISO to 100. In ML menu..................

I will retest your settings the next time i test...  The explanation Nanomad posted on props is a nice read,... check it out!

baga

Quote from: blade on February 08, 2013, 11:45:46 AM
I will retest your settings the next time i test...  The explanation Nanomad posted on props is a nice read,... check it out!

Where is Nanomad's post on props?

thanks
Bob

blade

baga

blade

In movie mode/AV, set the Canon ISO to 100. In ML menu set Exp override to ON. Turn the ML ISO to 100. Turn ........

in movie mode/AV,  canon iso is not aviable. If i set to M then select iso 100 and swith back to /av i do sometimes get the ....!!! Auto Exposure !!!  Set Movie Exposur...  message.

So its confirmed not working right?

blade

Shot some hdr movie 25 (1080)and 50 (720)fps and processed in final cut pro x using the http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/ml-u-hdr-compose-fcpx-plug-in/ alex4d plug in.  Working