Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis

Quote from: InFocusAV on December 04, 2012, 01:56:52 AM
ya'll are talking WAY over my head hahaha.  What is this "M" that everyone keeps talking about?

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-m

elmatambre

I am happy to know that soon begin with the 650 ml. I also rush to choose the 650 without knowing that ran the ML. I already made a small donation for a while and just hoped
Canon 650D Tamron 17-270mm 3.5/6.3 sigma 30 1.4

elmatambre

i like this "May the fun begin" i have a expresion in spanish in my country whit my friends is "capoooo".  ;) I'm happy

RAK1966

Hello,
i am new here and sorry for my bad english.
One question: Is it planned to give the Eos650d  a FULLSCREEN HDMI out over ML-Software for records with Blackmagic Hypershuttle2?

Thanks
Ralf

nanomad

No idea, it's too early to speculate on that
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

steve271

I expect, rather than trying to add new features, the team will first try and port ML to the new cameras, changing only what's necessary to make it work.

Once that has been achieved (and released as part of the unified ML), effort can then be spent - if chosen - on adding features.

I think it's more important to port ML as-is to the new cameras than to try and exploit new features they may offer at the same time. This, I'd think, would be the approach giving the best chance of success.

nanomad

Quote from: steve271 on December 04, 2012, 11:32:48 AM
I expect, rather than trying to add new features, the team will first try and port ML to the new cameras, changing only what's necessary to make it work.

Once that has been achieved (and released as part of the unified ML), effort can then be spent - if chosen - on adding features.

I think it's more important to port ML as-is to the new cameras than to try and exploit new features they may offer at the same time. This, I'd think, would be the approach giving the best chance of success.

Yes, that's my approach too. First make it stable, then start expanding on what we have (i.e. I'd like to work on the 1100D video mode but I feel that a stable 650D port of ML has an higher priority for the community)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

tk-germany

I think that too :)
and i hope you guys will get i workin soon, i'm so nervous to flash my sd and have a nice, still more featurerich 650d!!!

Thanks for your great work!

AshleyAshes

Having a T2i and a T4i, I've been using the T4i as the 'A Camera' and the T2i as the B, since the T4i has the articulated screen, no 4GB limit and other small features, but I've really been missing the audio levels and such from the T2i with ML.  Very much looking forward to this.  Also looking forward to using high bitrates with UHS-I cards once ML unlocks it.

Though I'll be very please if All-I mode is found in that camera. :)

steve271

Quote from: AshleyAshes on December 04, 2012, 04:49:51 PM
Having a T2i and a T4i, I've been using the T4i as the 'A Camera' and the T2i as the B, since the T4i has the articulated screen, no 4GB limit and other small features, but I've really been missing the audio levels and such from the T2i with ML. 
The T4i has audio level meters (at least the 650D does, assume they are the same). In the menus find sound level and set it to manual whereupon audio level meters appear.

This may not be as good as the ML ones, I haven't seem them except on videos.

tk-germany

Changelog:
Today's changes:

090a06dcfe95 | nanomad: 650D: One more batch of hand-picked stubs. Also: properly credit Indy for his stubs
3d0072976633 | nanomad: 650D: More stubs

Yesterday's changes:

a0efe51a1684 | nanomad: 650D: More stubs

Changes for last 30 days:

d0e4cb0cd610 | 2012-12-01 | nanomad: 650D: Start with a minimal feature set, the full one is left as a reference
3871a75af9f2 | 2012-12-01 | nanomad: 650D: Rename bootdisk stubs to match the other cameras
44ec357095c9 | 2012-12-01 | nanomad: 650D: Update stubs and consts.
394373540680 | 2012-11-30 | nanomad: Jumpstart the 650D port from the EOSM, tons of stuff missing

@Nanomad: go on!!!! :)

That reads HOT... feels like a baby 1 week after calculated birthdate... "every second it could be there, don't miss it!!!" :)

arne182

Quote from: nanomad on November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM
Looks like we hit the jackpot with the M and its firmware dumper.

Thanks to your donations, Bart managed to send the "team" 650D to me to start the new port.

If everything goes according to plans (if the package gets here in time, that is), I'll probably have a 650D hello world by the end of the week

May the fun begin...I'll keep you posted :)

How is it going? Is there something I can do to help?

chid

3a2f564 650D: Stubs, again yesterday

Another commit, yay! How many are left? Is there anything I can do to help? I only have a 650D :)

Looking forward to the extensibility!

Thanks

Chrisprols

woaw. that is fantastic news.
best of luck !
you have a whole bunch of fans supporting you ! please let us know how we can help (fw dump, tests, etc.)

elmatambre

Quote from: Chrisprols on December 07, 2012, 02:18:43 PM
woaw. that is fantastic news.
best of luck !
you have a whole bunch of fans supporting you ! please let us know how we can help (fw dump, tests, etc.)

yeah i hope you make that soon ...  ;) ;) ;)

pgeschke

Get in there, nanomad!
Willing testsubject here, too!

nanomad

I know there are plenty of willing testers. The truth is the stubs are done (well, except for a few but that's not really a big issue). The next step is enabling the bootflag and really start hacking on the ML source

chid

That sounds great :D Let us know if there is anything the masses can help you with!

ClearlyRobert

Just joined the group and can't wait to have all the impressive features of ML for my T4i....blown away by how much razzle dazzle with ML!

Thanks for all your efforts.

t4ilover

I also just joined :) I have been checking this site like a kid eagerly waiting for a present. I love the magic lantern's HDR feature. I am hoping that Digic 5 processors on T4i, 5Dmk3, EOS M will take the magic lantern to another level. so excited and happy :D

jplxpto

Quote from: t4ilover on December 09, 2012, 04:56:23 PM
I also just joined :) I have been checking this site like a kid eagerly waiting for a present. I love the magic lantern's HDR feature. I am hoping that Digic 5 processors on T4i, 5Dmk3, EOS M will take the magic lantern to another level. so excited and happy :D

Thank you... You are Welcome to our community...

You can say hello here :

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=29.0

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3812.0

:)

deleted.account.01

hello

i just wonder if i can use ML Logo when i editing shots what i make with Magic Lantern..
i was thing of put on begine something like :