OpenID accounts are locked out

Started by sztupy2k, November 16, 2012, 07:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sztupy2k

It seesm since the last time I was here the openid login feature was disabled. This essentially locked out all users who were registered using OpenID, as the password recovery will simply send their openid usernames, that they cannot use. As there are no openid logins anywhere. Can the OID function be turned back on, or at least all users who were openid based switched to standard mode? (I would prefer reinstating OpenID though)

nanomad

Hi, i was wondering what had happened to you  :o

I'll have a look at the OpenID auth method, but last time I checked it was kind broken

edit: openID back online, can you check if it works for you?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

SztupY

nanomad

Well, it doesn't support openID 2.0 or at least I couldn't register using my Google handle
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

SztupY

Well, Google's OpenID usually breaks a lot of client implementations so that's no surprise. It doesn't support delegating either. Facebook's a bit better, but myOpenid is the one that usually works everywhere.

sztupy2k

Ehh, I can't login again. Can we change my OID account to a normal account somehow?