SD card became unreadable

Started by Disc2, November 14, 2012, 09:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disc2

Hi, Just finished shooting an event. Upon turning the 60D back on to continue shooting the screen showed "Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera." Got about 30 mins of important footage and now the card is unreadable. No matter which camera with ML2.3 is used. Same message. The card is 60GB SDXC with ML2.3. I tried all kinds of computer mac and win to read card but no luck. Tried Lexar Image Rescue 4 and cant find card in options. The card had been used for 3 events already and worked fine. Please Help. Thanks

Malcolm Debono

Sounds like a faulty card to me (i.e. not a problem caused by ML). How long has the card been in use?
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Disc2

Quote from: Malcolm Debono on November 14, 2012, 11:49:55 PM
Sounds like a faulty card to me (i.e. not a problem caused by ML). How long has the card been in use?
Thanks Malcolm, I used the card for about 3 to 4 events and had the ML installed for 2 jobs prior to
not being able to read it. Any possible solutions? I know that I did not remove the card during the
time of shooting and was able to review the clips before it happened. Shot clips again and moved to
another location, turned it off and when I turned the camera on,  the message showed on the screen.

Malcolm Debono

Well, usually on CF cards the problem is caused by the pins (for example one of the pins gets bent while inserting/ejecting card). Since it's an SD card, the only thing that you can do is to make sure that the metal pins are clean so that there's contact. Other than that, I would try taking it to a computer technician as they might have better knowledge on recovering data and/or tips of what you can try.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!