5D Mark III with correct 113 Firmware ... unable to install Magic Lantern 2.3

Started by duderino, November 14, 2012, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duderino

Hey guys,

getting excited reading about the possibilities with magic lantern in the alpha Version for the 5D Mark III, I updated the Canon Firmware as described and tried to install Magic lantern.

The Grey Firmware-Install screen appears -- then a sd-card check is performed and then the camera gets back to working mode.
I tried reinstalling the 113 Firmware for 3 times. I always got the same problem.
No green confirmation screen, that Magic lantern was successfully installed.

I`m using a Transcend 8gb sd ... thats the smallest I have.

Any help is highly appreciated to get this going. As everyone else seems to easily got it going (I already got an older version working on a 550d a year ago).  ;D

For the worst case, that my camera is "special" ...
if the installation process goes like I described, do I need to reinstall the Canon Firmware, to have a "clean" camera ?

Thanks alot in advance

nanomad

AFAIK there's no green confirmation screen on the 5D3. Try opening ML menu after the "fake" firmware upgrade procedure
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

duderino

:o easy one, i pressed every button before except the trashcan! It`s working perfectly now :)!